Local False Data Injection Attacks with Incomplete Network Information
Modern power system is not just a purely independent physical infrastructure incorporating generators, transmission lines, and other electrical units. It is also faced with a growing number of cyber-attacks due to its high dependence on advanced communication system and more open operational environment. When modern power system is attacked by a hacker, it will cause a huge harm to the entire system such as out service of communication system and the mask of overloading lines and generators, and the whole power system could become instable in some extreme cases. A typical example of cyber-attack in power systems is the famous collapse of the Ukraine power system due to cyber-attack. Therefore, it is of vital importance to investigate the cyber-attack on power systems and how to defense smart grid against cyber-attack. Cyber-attack can be mainly divided into the following two types: false data injection attacks and jamming attacks.
- 1.Zhang Y, Wang L, Sun W (2013) Investigating the impact of cyber attacks on power system reliability. In: 2013 IEEE international conference on cyber technology in automation, control and intelligent systems, pp 462–467Google Scholar
- 3.Guan Y, Ge X (2018) Distributed attack detection and secure estimation of networked cyber-physical systems against false data injection attacks and jamming attacks. IEEE Trans Signal Inf Process Netw 4(1):48–59Google Scholar
- 4.Liu Y, Ning P, Reiter MK (2009) False data injection attacks against state estimation in electric power grids. In: Proceeding of the 16th ACM conference on computer and communications security, pp 21–32Google Scholar
- 6.Abur Ali, Expósito A, Gómez (2004) Power system state estimation: theory and implementation. Univ Teknol Petronas 17(95):213–256Google Scholar
- 8.Rahman MA, Mohsenian-Rad H (2013) False data injection attacks with incomplete information against smart power grids. In: Proceeding of the IEEE conference on global communications, pp 3153–3158Google Scholar