Simulation of Metaheuristic Intelligence MPPT Techniques for Solar PV Under Partial Shading Condition
The nonlinear characteristics of solar PV consist of different MPPs under the partial shading condition. Hence, it is difficult to find out true MPP. The conventional MPPT methods are not giving an accurate position of MPP. In this work, two global metaheuristic optimization techniques are simulated and the comparative analysis is carried out in terms of tracking speed, steady-state oscillations, algorithm complexity, periodic tuning, and dynamic response. Those are the Cuckoo Search Optimization (CSO) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) MPPT methods used to extract the maximum power of solar PV under partial shading condition. The Matlab/Simulink is used to evaluate performance results of CSA and PSO MPPT techniques.
KeywordsBoost converter CSO Duty cycle I-V and P-V curves Partially shaded solar PV PSO
I would like to thank the University Grants Commission (Govt. of India) for funding my research program and I especially thank VIT University management for providing all the facilities to carry out my research work.
- 7.Rani, C., Hussaian Basha, C.H., Odofin, S.: Design and switching loss calculation of single leg 3-level 3-phase VSI. In: 2018 International Conference on Computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication (ICCPEIC). IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Segev, G., et al.: The spatial collection efficiency of charge carriers in photovoltaic and photoelectrochemical cells. Joule (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Rani, C., Hussain Basha, C.H.: A review on non-isolated inductor coupled DC–DC converter for photovoltaic grid-connected applications. Int. J. Renew. Energy Res. (IJRER) 7(4), 1570–1585 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Rani, C., Hussaian Basha, C.H., Odofin, S.: Analysis and comparison of SEPIC, Landsman and Zeta converters for PV fed induction motor drive applications. In: 2018 International Conference on Computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication (ICCPEIC). IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 16.Samal, S., Barik, P.K., Sahu, S.K.: Extraction of maximum power from a solar PV system using fuzzy controller based MPPT technique. In: Technologies for Smart-City Energy Security and Power (ICSESP). IEEE (2018)Google Scholar
- 17.Tey, K.S., et al.: Improved differential evolution-based MPPT algorithm using SEPIC for PV systems under partial shading conditions and load variation. IEEE Trans. Ind. Inf. (2018)Google Scholar
- 18.Dawson, F.H., Kern-Hansen, U.: Aquatic weed management in natural streams: the effect of shade by the marginal vegetation: with 4 figures and 2 tables in the text. Int. Ver. Theor. Angew. Limnol. Verh. 20(2), 1451–1456 (1978)Google Scholar
- 22.García, J., et al.: A binary cuckoo search big data algorithm applied to large-scale crew scheduling problems. Complexity 2018 (2018)Google Scholar