Modified Artificial Potential Field Approaches for Mobile Robot Navigation in Unknown Environments
Navigation is the important task of any mobile robot. In this paper, a modified potential field method for mobile robot navigation has been proposed for unknown environments. Here, the shortest distance between the goal position and robot has been considered to establish a new repulsive potential functions. The developed repulsive potential functions assure that the goal is the global minimum of the total potential field. To demonstrate the efficiency of the proposed method, computer simulations have been carried out through MATLAB software.
KeywordsNavigation Potential field method Mobile robot Global minimum
- 5.Zunli, N., Xuejun, Z., Xiangmin, G., et al.: UAV formation flight based on artificial potential force in 3D environment. In: 29th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC) 28–30 May 2017. Chongqing, China (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Lee, D., Jeong, J., Kim, Y.H., Park, J.B., et al.: An improved artificial potential field method with a new point of attractive force for a mobile robot. In: 2nd International Conference on Robotics and Automation Engineering 29–31 Dec 2017. Shanghai, China (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Bounini, F., Gingras, D., Pollart, H., et al.: Modified artificial potential field method for online path planning applications. In: IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV) 11–14 June 2017. Los Angeles, CA, USA (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Panati, S., Baasandorj, B., Chong, K.T.: Autonomous Mobile Robot Navigation Using Harmonic Potential Field. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 83, pp. 1–7 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Pandey, A., Pandey, S., Parhi, D.R.: Mobile robot navigation and obstacle avoidance techniques: a review. Int. Robot. Autom. J. 2, 1–12 (2017)Google Scholar