Novel Approach of Intrusion Detection Classification Deeplearning Using SVM
The main objective of intrusion detection systems (IDS) is to discover the dynamic and the virulent form of network traffic that simply changes according to the characteristics of the network. The IDS methodology represents a prominent developing area in the field of computer network technology and its security. Different form of IDS has been developed working on distinctive approaches. One such kind of approach where it is used is the machine learning mechanism. In the proposed methodology, an experiment is applied on the data set named as KDD-99, including its subclasses such as denial of service (DOS), other types of attacks and the class without any form of attack. Depending upon the machine learning algorithms various distinct forms of IDS have been developed which further checks the optimization-based potential features in connection with the neural network classifier for the various forms of IDS-based attacks. This approach provides a comparative study between the ANN and the optimizer-based ANN technology. The experimental analysis shows the convolution neural network with SVM show effective analysis providing accurate forms of IDS, thereby improving its detection based on individual class along with maintaining its results fundamentally.
KeywordsIntrusion detection system Denial of service Artificial neural network
- 2.Gupta, N., Srivastava, K., Sharma, A.: Reducing false positive in intrusion detection system: A survey. Int. J. Comput. Sci. Inf. Technol. 7(3), 1600–1603 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Vinchurkar, D.P., Reshamwala, A.: A review of intrusion detection system using neural network and machine learning (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Jalil, K.A., Kamarudin, M.H., Masrek, M.N.: Comparison of machine learning algorithms performance in detecting network intrusion. In: 2010 International Conference on Networking and Information Technology (ICNIT), pp. 221–226. IEEE, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Siddiqui, A.K., Farooqui, T.: Improved ensemble technique based on support vector machine and neural network for intrusion detection system. Int. J. Online Sci. 3(11) (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Jabez, J., Muthukumar, B.: Intrusion Detection System (IDS): Anomaly detection using outlier detection approach. Proc. Comput. Sci. 48, 338–346 (2015). ISSN 1877-0509. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2015.04.191