Report on the Development of the Tianjin Binhai New Area
The year 2016 is the beginning year of China’s “13th Five-Year Plan”. The Tianjin Binhai New Area earnestly implemented the coordinated developmental strategy of Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei, actively adapted to the new normal of economic development, positively participated in the Belt and Road Initiative, and accelerated the construction of the pilot free trade zone. It undertook the mission of accepting the transfer of non-capital functions of Beijing, embraced the coordinated development in industrial innovation, traffic integration, protection of the ecological environment and other fields with Beijing and Hebei, and has achieved a series of major breakthroughs. This paper analyzes the overall developmental characteristics of the Tianjin Binhai New Area in 2016 and the developmental orientation and advantages of the seven functional zones, it highlights the leading role of the eight pillar industries, analyzes the challenges faced by the New Area in industrial transformation, basic public services, and prevention and control of ecological environmental pollution and puts forward some policy suggestions.
KeywordsTianjin binhai new area Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei coordinated development Functional zones Superior industries
- Gao, W., et al. (2017). High-tech Enterprises in the core area of the Tianjin Binhai high-tech area: an analysis of their present situation. Tianjin Science and Technology, (6).Google Scholar
- Gross Industrial Output Value of the Tianjin Lingang Economic Zone Exceeding 100 Billion Yuan in 2016.Google Scholar
- Li, Z. (2010). Seven functional zones in the Tianjin Binhai new area, multiple achievements of economic development. http://www.enorth.com.cn/.
- Liu, D., et al. (2015). Aiming at three steps, steady progress of the new area. Tianjin Daily, March 11, 2015.Google Scholar
- Statistical Yearbook of the Tianjin Binhai New Area 2016. China Statistics Press.Google Scholar
- The Tianjin Binhai New Area Statistics Bureau. (2016). 2016 statistical communiqué on the national economic and social development of the Tianjin Binhai New Area.Google Scholar
- The Research Group of the Party School of the Tianjin Municipal Committee of the CPC. (2017). Research report on the economic development of the Tianjin Binhai New Area. Seeking Knowledge, (12).Google Scholar
- The People’s Government of the Tianjin Binhai New Area. (2017). Progress of system and mechanism innovation of the Tianjin Binhai New Area in 2016 and Work Considerations for 2017. Port Economy, (3).Google Scholar
- The Significance for the Functional Orientation of the Tianjin Binhai New Area in 2017.Google Scholar
- The People’s Government of the Tianjin Binhai New Area. Clearly Defined Development Orientation of Seven Functional Zones of the New Area.Google Scholar
- Wang, D. (2016). Main Indicators of the Binhai High-tech area leading in the city in the first half year. http://www.radiotj.com/, July 17, 2016.
- Wang, S., & Niu, J. (2016). Clearly defined developmental orientation of seven functional zones. Binhai Times, November 17, 2016 Column 2.Google Scholar
- Wang, S., & Zhao. X. (2017). Integration of the Tianjin Binhai New Area into the belt and road and serving the national strategy. Binhai Times, May 15, 2017 Column 9.Google Scholar
- Yan, J. (2016). Two steps for accelerating the planning of the Binhai-Zhongguancun science park. http://tianjinwe.enorth.com.cn/, September 30, 2016.
- Zhao, Y. (2016). Policy research on the integration of the Tianjin Binhai New Area into Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei coordinated development. City (6).Google Scholar
- Zhan, Q., & Zhang, G. (2017). Gross value of the industrial output of Lingang exceeding 100 Billion Yuan. Binhai Times, January 24, 2017 Column 2.Google Scholar