A Data Hiding Approach Based on Reference-Affected Matrix
Data security has got many remarkable achievements. However, the issues of the lower distortion and the higher embedding capacity in the embedded secret data in media have not much been considered by scholars. This paper proposes a new data hiding approach to the embedded secrets based on the guidance of the x-cross-shaped reference-affected matrix to solve these issues. Adjacent pixels would be found out large area with similar values which can utilize for manipulating data embedding and extracting on a difference–coordinate plan instead of the traditional pixel–coordinate plan. Three parts: petal matrix, calyx matrix, and stamen matrix are combined for data embedding by using the x-cross-shaped reference matrix. The experimental results compared with the previous methods in the literature shows that the proposed approach brings outstanding payload with the cover visual quality.
KeywordsSteganography Data hiding Data embedding and extracting
- 2.Li, B., He, J., Huang, J., Qing Shi, Y.: A survey on image steganography and steganalysis. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process. 2, 142–172 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Ngo, T.-G., Nguyen, T.-T., Ngo, Q.-T., Nguyen, D.-D., Chu, S.-C.: Similarity shape based on skeleton graph matching. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Signal Process. 7, 1254–1264 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Hu, Y.-C., Tsou, C.-C., Su, B.-H.: Grayscale image hiding based on modulus function and greedy method. Fundam. Inform. 86 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Jin, Q., Li, Z., Chang, C.C., Wang, A., Liu, L.: Minimizing turtle-shell matrix based stego image distortion using particle swarm optimization. Int. J. Netw. Secur. 19, 154–162 (2017). https://doi.org/10.6633/IJNS.201701.19(1).16
- 10.Kurup, S., Rodrigues, A., Bhise, A.: Data hiding scheme based on octagon shaped shell. In: 2015 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, ICACCI 2015, pp. 1982–1986 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACCI.2015.7275908