Enhanced Security Credentials for Image Steganography Using QR Code
The process of digital verification is a real needed factor in the current era of the technological world. Especially in the sector of online payment, verifying the authenticity of the user has always been a challenge and considered unsafe. A privileged process and current breakthrough of technology is the fingerprint recognition and the simplification of its usage in current smartphones and its simplicity. The aim of this work is to create a mode of digital verification that emphasis on verifying the user credentials, especially on secure payments. This is achieved by generation of a QR code by the given input fingerprint. The fingerprint link is converted to hexadecimal value and with that value, the QR code is generated. A signature of the user is saved as an image and is embedded with the QR using additive substitution and discrete wavelength transform (DWT) techniques in steganography. When a fingerprint is given as input to the fingerprint-generated and signature-embedded QR, the QR gets decoded and the given fingerprint is compared with the decoded fingerprint, now the similarity measure is compared among them, if the similarity measure is greater than the threshold set, the verification process will be successful else it asks for a digital doodle signature, now this signature is compared with the engrafted signature of the QR and again similarity of both the image is compared using the standard Image Quality Assessment (IQA) matrix.
KeywordsEncryption Secure authentication Signature Fingerprint Biometrics Steganography
The authors have obtained all the images of the subjected fingerprints involved in this study from open available database FVC2002.
- 2.Maheswari, S.U., Jude, D.: Frequency domain QR code based image steganography using Fresnelet transform. AEU-Int. J. Electron. Commun. (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Raheja, S., Kumar, D.: Personal authentication system using barcode generated by fingerprintGoogle Scholar
- 5.Aroma, R.J., Raimond, K.: An Empirical study on the influence of image filters in effective closed contour extraction of lakes in satellite images. Indian J. Sci. Technol (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Kalpanasonika, Agnes, A.: A resilient digital watermarking exploiting spatial and frequency domain against image hackers. Springer eBook Informatics and Communication Technologies for Societal Development, pp. 167–172 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Kalpanasonika, Agnes, A.: A scrutiny on digital watermarking technique. Int. J. Adv. Res. Comput. Sci. Softw. Eng., 175–179 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Leena, G.D., Dhayanithy, S.S.: Robust image watermarking in frequency domain. Int. J. Innov. Appl., 582–587 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Gunjal, B.L., Mali, S.N.: Strongly robust and highly secured DWT-SVD based color image watermarking. Int. J. Inf. Technol. Comput. Sci., 1–7 (2012)Google Scholar