Research Status of Composite Applications Based on Phase-Change Energy Storage Technology and Solar Energy
- 242 Downloads
As a consequence of the rapid development of China’s economy and society, its energy requirement has also rapidly increased. Energy shortages and associated environmental pollution problems are placing significant constraints on the sustainable development of China’s economy and society . Solar radiation intensity varies greatly according to geographical location, diurnal cycle, weather conditions, and season. While considering the direct use of solar energy for collection, it is also important to consider the use of certain technical methods for storing the energy in solar radiation—for use when solar radiation intensity is low. Heat storage technology can compensate for the uneven supply of solar energy, thereby maximizing the use of solar energy for buildings. In this chapter, through the application of several phase-change energy storage technologies and solar energy technology, the following conclusions are drawn: solar phase-change energy storage technology not only makes up for intermittent and unstable solar energy, but also helps meet the demand for energy. Such technology can improve the utilization efficiency of solar collectors, reduce indoor temperature fluctuations, and improve comfort in buildings by regulating temperature. Therefore, phase-change energy storage technology has great potential for applications in the field of solar energy.
KeywordsSolar energy Phase-change energy storage Enclosure structure Floor radiant heating
The project was supported by the Opening Funds of Basic Research on winter heat utilization of building integrated fresh air systems based on solar air phase-change heat storage (51708365).
- 1.Sahoo, S.K.: Renewable and sustainable energy reviews solar photovoltaic energy progress in India: a reviewGoogle Scholar
- 2.Xin, L., Gong, F., Kailiang, H.: Analysis of solar air collector and phase change energy storage wall composite heating system. Energy Storage Sci. Technol. 4(6), 632–637 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Geng, G., Li, H., Xiao, W., et al.: Application of composite solar energy technology in energy-efficient buildings. In: 2010 China Renewable Energy Technology Development Conference (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Yin, Q., Liu, C.F.: Study and application of solar assisted heat pump. Energy Conserv. Technol. (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Liu, J.: Design and measurement of solar heating system. HVAC 38(12), 93–95 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Gui, S., Cheng, X.: In-situ experimental study on structural response of energy piles during heat transfer. Chin. J. Geotech. Eng. 36(6), 1087–1094 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Jiao, H., Wang, W., Zhang, Y., et al.: Experimental study on operation control strategy of solar phase change thermal storage floor radiant heating system in severe cold region. HVAC 46(2), 78–83 (2016)Google Scholar