Study on Extraction of Middle and Deep Geothermal Energy Through Abandoned Oil Wells
- 235 Downloads
This paper research the deep geothermal energy in injection and production of abandoned oil wells. A mathematical and physical model of heat transfer in abandoned oil wells is established by retrofitting the abandoned oil wells. The effects of circulating water flow, abandoned well depth, outer tube diameter and thermal conductivity, central tube diameter and thermal conductivity on nominal heat transfer of heat exchanger were studied by numerical simulation. The results show that the nominal heat of the renovated abandoned well heat exchanger will increase with the increase of circulating water flow, borehole depth, outer pipe diameter and thermal conductivity of the outer pipe; it decreases with the increase of the diameter and thermal conductivity of the central pipe.
KeywordsAbandoned oil well heat exchanger Mid-deep geothermal energy Heating transformation Nominal heat extraction
The work presented in this paper is supported jointly by a grant from National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51808321) and a grant from Shandong Province Natural Science Foundation (No. BS2015NJ016).
- 1.Wang, D.J., Hu, S.T., Gao, Z.Y.: Parametric analysis of the performance of medium-deep cased underground tube heat exchanger. Reg. Heating 3, 1–7 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Fang, C.H., Su, F.R.: Technological progress and development countermeasure of medium-deep geothermal exploration and development. J. Shandong Commercial Vocat. Tech. Coll. 17(1), 89–93 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Bai, J.H., Jia, W.J., Liu, L.X.: Research on application and development potential of mid-deep geothermal heating technology in beijing heating market. In: Collection of Works of the 20th Academic Exchange Conference of Building Thermal Power Branch of China Architectural Society, Beijing (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Hu, Z.G., Wang, Y.F., Kang, J., et al.: Application of cased ground source heat pump technology in hotel building. Refrigeration Air-conditioning 16(8), 68–73 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Bu, X.B., Ma, W.B., Huang, Y.F.: Utilization of waste oil and gas wells to achieve geothermal energy. J. Eng. Therm. Energy Power 26(5), 621–625 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Kan, C.B., Qi, F.Q., Yu, X.C., et al.: Utilizing waste oil wells to develop geothermal energy. Renew. Energy 26(1), 90–92 (2008)Google Scholar