Application of New Evaporative Cooling Air-Conditioning System in a Data Center in Xinjiang
- 182 Downloads
The principle, characteristics, operation mode and performance test results of the evaporative cooling air–water air-conditioning system are introduced in this paper, in which the evaporative water chiller is adopted as the main cooling source and the evaporative cooling fresh air handling unit as the auxiliary cooling source in a data center room in Xinjiang. The system utilizes local dry air energy and low-temperature air as natural cooling sources. It not only realizes 100% free cooling throughout the year, but also effectively solves the high-temperature crash problem and freezing in the cooling tower of traditional water-cooled air-conditioning system in winter in Xinjiang based on direct evaporative cooling technology, indirect evaporative cooling technology and ethylene glycol-free cooling technology. According to the summer test of the system, the system is stable, and the refrigerating coefficient of performance of the air-conditioning system is 6.65, and the summated refrigerating coefficient of performance (SCOP) is 16.64, which has a significant effect on reducing the energy consumption of data center.
KeywordsData center Free cooling Evaporative cooling air–water air-conditioning system
Supported by National key research and development program(Grant No.2016YFC0700404).
- 1.Yin, P.: Research on data centers (1): current situation and problem analysis. HVAC 46(8), 42–52 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, T., Huang, X., et al.: Test and analysis of data center air condition systems in five provinces of northwest China. HVAC 48(6), 8–12 (2018)Google Scholar
- 3.Niu, X., Xia, C., et al.: Air conditioning system design with lake water cooling technology of a data center in Qiandao Lake. HVAC 46(10), 14–17 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, X., Fan, K., et al.: Discussion on application the data center of evaporative cooling technology. Refrig. Air-Cond. 13(8), 16–22 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, H., Shao, S., et al.: Research advances in free cooling technology of data centers. J. Refrig. 37(4), 47–56 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Yin, P.: Research on data centers (7): Natural cooling. HVAC 47(11), 49–60 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Mu, Z., Wang, Y.: Air conditioning design for Ningxia Zhongwei cloud computing data center. HVAC 46(10), 23–26 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.GB50189-2015: Design standard for energy efficiency of public buildings. China Architecture & Building Press (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.GB50174-2017: Code for design of data center, China Planning Press (2017)Google Scholar