Thermal Performance Simulation Analysis of the Novel Micro Heat Pipe
- 239 Downloads
To solve the heat dissipation problem of high power integrated electronic equipment, a micro heat pipe radiator proposed by the composite plane wall algorithm the thermal resistance has been calculated, an equivalent thermal conductivity of plate heat pipe was determined. The distribution temperature at different heating power was obtained. The comparison was shown that the advantage of heat transfer of the novel micro heat pipe was more visible, and the average temperature of the substrate surface was lower 7 °C than that of the traditional micro heat pipe. By simulation, it was shown that the micro heat pipe effectively diffuses concentrated heat flux and had a proper and uniform temperature characteristic at high heat flux. The variation trend of chip temperature and heat resistance of radiator was carried out by analyzing the effects of heating power on heat transfer performance of the radiator respectively and avoiding the thermal stress concentration of the substrate.
KeywordsHeat pipe Thermal performance Electronics cooling Heat flux
The project is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51504188).
- 1.Wang, P., Ye, L., Xu, W., Hu, Y.H.: Numerical investigations on heat-pipe radiator in computer CPU. Refrigeration 30(1), 5–9 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Gao, X., Ling, H.Q., Li, M., Mao, D.L.: Recent advance in cooling techniques for CPU. J. Shanghai Jiaotong Univ. 41(S2), 48–52 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, Z.J., Liu, Y., Fu, X.H., Zhang, J.L., Shan, X.N., Zhu, H.B., Wang, L.J.: Analysis of air-cooled heat system in hundred-watt level semiconductor laser module. Chin. J. Lumin. 33(2), 188–191 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, Y.Z., Ding, X.W., Yu, J.L., Zhou, Y.H.: Development and application of innovative heat pipe technology. J. Eng. Therm. Energy Power 19(1), 1–3 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Cotter, T.P.: Principles and Prospects for Micro Heat Pipes. NASA STI/Recon Technical Report No. 84 (1984)Google Scholar
- 10.Tu, C.J., Xie, G.X.: The history of heat pipe. Energy Eng. 04(017), 60–61 (1984)Google Scholar
- 12.Kabeel, A.E., Abdelgaied, M.: An innovative solar water collector using heat pipe with inner rings. Int. Renew. Energy Congr. (IREC) 5, 1–6 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Fan, C.L., Qu, W., Sun, F.R., Yang, L., Ma, T.Z.: The experimental study of the performance of flat miniature heat pipes with three kinds of micro grooves. Chin. J. Electr. Dev. 26(4), 357–360 (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Tian, Z.X., Wang, C.H., Zheng, H.P., Huang, J.T.: Heat transfer characteristic of flat plate heat pipe cooling system for LED. CIESC J. 68(S1), 155–161 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.Yu, C., Liu, X.D., Zhang, M.C., Chen, Y.P., Shi, M.H.: Visualization study of vapor-liquid two phase flow and heat transfer in flat plate heat pipe. J. Eng. Thermophys. 38(4), 807–810 (2017)Google Scholar