Adaptive Behaviors of Thermal Environment Based on Thermal Comfort for the Elderly People
- 269 Downloads
With the acceleration of the aging society, the living environment quality for the elderly people has become the focus of the whole society. A lot of research shows that the thermal environment requirement and thermal adaptation behavior of the old people are different from those of young people. Based on the adaptation relationship between human being and building environment, a feedback loop system model of physiological, psychological and behavioral regulation of human adaptation to environment is established, and then a “four-layer skin” regulation mechanism is constructed. This paper also analyses the thermal adaptation behavior and stratified regulation strategies, and further prospects the research direction and focus in the field of thermal adaptation behavior and thermal environment regulation for the elderly people.
KeywordsThermal environment Elderly people Adaptability
This work is supported by Special Project of Basic Science and Frontier Research Technology of Chongqing Science and Technology Commission in China (No. cstc2017jcyjAX0457).
- 1.United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs: Population division. World population prospects: the 2012 revision. http://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/unpp/panel_indicators.htm. 01 April 2015
- 2.National Bureau of Statistics: Sixth National Population Census Main Data Bulletin (2010). http://www.stats.gov.cn/tjgb/rkpcgb/qgrkpcgb/t20110428_402722232.htm. 21 Dec 2012
- 3.Guo, H., et al.: Exploration research of older adults’ ability level division. Chin. Nursing Manage. 13(9), 35–38 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.White-Newsome, J.L., et al.: Assessing heat-adaptive behaviors among older. Urban-Dwelling Adults Maturitas 70, 85–91 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Yao, Xinling: Investigation and analysis on the thermal environment of living rooms of the elderly in Shanghai pension service institutions. HVAC 41(12), 66–70 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Feng, S., et al.: Research on indoor thermal comfort of institutional pension facilities in Tianjin. Architect. Sci. 32(12), 127–134 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Guo, F., Zhang, H.: Comparative study on thermal adaptation models of natural ventilation residential buildings for elderly and non-elderly people. J. Dalian Univ. Technol. 56(2), 147–152 (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Guo, F., et al.: Thermal adaptation model for elderly in heating season in cold regions. Low-temperature Build. Technol. 10, 126–129 (2016)Google Scholar