Design of Science App Management Tool for Computational Science Engineering Platform
The development of open science has resulted in the sharing of a greater amount of information including research processes as well as research results. We are developing a platform, EDISON (EDucation-research Integration through Simulation on the Net) to further promote the open science practice in the fields of computational science and engineering. The EDISON platform not only provides an online service of simulations developed by computational scientists and engineers, but also an environment for sharing source codes, data, and related publications. An efficient management system for simulation software programs is required to ensure the service quality of the EDISON platform. This study proposes a registration and management system that introduces simulation software programs developed by computational researchers to EDISON. The developer can register the simulation software programs on EDISON using our system, and establish an effective web-based simulation environment without administrator intervention.
KeywordsComputational science engineering Web-based simulation Simulation software Open science
This research was supported by the EDISON Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) (No. NRF-2011-0020576), and the KISTI Program (No. K-18-L12-C06-S01).
- 1.OpenFOAM. The open source CFD toolbox. http://www.openfoam.com. Accessed Aug 2018
- 2.SIESTA. https://departments.icmab.es/leem/siesta. Accessed Aug 2018
- 3.nwChem. http://www.nwchem-sw.org. Accessed Aug 2018
- 4.EDISON. http://www.edison.re.kr. Accessed Aug 2018
- 5.Suh, Y.-K., et. al.: EDISON: a web-based HPC simulation execution framework for large-scale scientific computing software. In: Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE CCGrid 2016, May 2016, pp. 608–612. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCGrid.2016.31
- 6.Jeon, I., et al.: Development and application of smart-learning technology in science and engineering fields. KIPS Rev. 23(1), 16–22 (2016)Google Scholar