A UAV Path Planning Method Using Polynomial Regression for Remote Sensor Data Collection
The use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) has been increasingly diverse. In Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), UAVs are used for sensor data collection. However, the path planning for the UAV is not practical for a large number of sensors, and is not effective for the battery consumption. In this paper, we propose the UAV path planning for data collection in WSNs using Polynomial Regression. With this algorithm, the UAV is able to save the battery and the mission time.
KeywordsUAV Path planning Sensor data collection Machine learning
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning) (NO. 2016R1A2B4013118).
- 3.Wei, P., Gu, Q., Sun, D.: Wireless sensor network data collection by connected cooperative UAVs. In: 2013 American Control Conference, pp. 5911–5916, Washington, D. C. (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Ma, X., Kacimi, R., Dhaou, R.: Fairness-aware UAV-assisted data collection in mobile wireless sensor networks. In: 2016 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), pp. 995–1001, Paphos (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Abdulla, A.E.A.A., Fadlullah, Z.M., Nishiyama, H., Kato, N., Ono, F., Miura, R.: An optimal data collection technique for improved utility in UAS-aided networks. In: IEEE INFOCOM 2014, pp. 736–744, Toronto (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.S. Rashed, M. Soyturk: Effects of UAV mobility patterns on data collection in wireless sensor networks. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communication, Networks and Satellite (COMNESTAT), pp. 74–79, Bandung (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, J., Huang, Y., Xu, Z., Wang, J., Chen, M.: Path planning of UAV based on hierarchical genetic algorithm with optimized search region. In: 2017 13th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation (ICCA), pp. 1033–1038, Ohrid (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, X., Chen, X.: The UAV dynamic path planning algorithm research based on Voronoi diagram. In: The 26th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (2014 CCDC), pp. 1069–1071, Changsha (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Chen, X., Li, G.Y., Chen, X.M.: Path planning and cooperative control for multiple UAVs based on consistency theory and Voronoi diagram. In: 2017 29th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), pp. 881–886, Chongqing (2017)Google Scholar