A Study on Secure Data Access Scheme Based on CP-ABE in Cloud Environments
Recently, with the development of cloud computing, it has become possible to store and share data in cloud environments; however, there are various security threats in these environments. Attacker can leak stored data and, above all, service providers cannot be trusted completely. Therefore, security technologies guaranteeing that data remains secure when stored in cloud environments are required. To this end, researchers are studying techniques based on CP-ABE. However, vulnerabilities to various security threats remain and some schemes are inefficient. In this paper, we apply CP-ABE to address some of the security threats associated with cloud environments, by ensuring that only authorized users can access data stored in the cloud. In addition, we propose an access control system that, in comparison to existing schemes, is more computationally efficient when attributes are revoked.
KeywordsCloud Access control Attribute-based encryption Revocation
This work was supported by Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion (IITP) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIT) (No. 2017-0-00156, The Development of a Secure Framework and Evaluation Method for Blockchain) and Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (NRF-2016R1D1A1B03935917).
- 1.Bethencourt, J., Sahai, A., Waters, B.: Ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption. In: IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, SP 2007, pp. 321–324 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Sekhar, B.R., Kumar, B.S., Reddy, L.S., PoornaChandar, V.: CP-ABE based encryption for secured cloud storage access. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Res. 3(9), 1–5 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Xu, Z., Martin, K.M.: Dynamic user revocation and key refreshing for attribute-based encryption in cloud storage. In: 2012 IEEE 11th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications, pp. 844–849. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, K., Jia, X.: Attribute-based fine-grained access control with efficient revocation in cloud storage systems. In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM SIGSAC Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security, pp. 523–528. ACM (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Ramesh, D., Priya, R.: Multi-authority scheme based CP-ABE with attribute revocation for cloud data storage. In: 2016 International Conference on Microelectronics, Computing and Communications (MicroCom), pp. 1–4. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Stallings, W.: Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice, Global edn. Pearson Education Limited, London (2016)Google Scholar