Resource-Aware Migration Scheme for QoS in Cloud Datacenter
With the rapid growth of data centers, thousands of large data centers with lots of computing nodes are established. In order to user satisfaction, Assurance of QoS is important in CDCs. Also, many of the current research studies have not considered multi-metric for assurance of QoS. In this paper, we categorize QoS through previous work and build the migration scaling scheme for QoS in CDCs with considering multi-metric. And then from evaluation result, we prove that our proposed method is able to efficiently manage the resource and grantee QoS.
KeywordsCloud datacenter Resource management Quality of Service
This research was supported by the MIST (Ministry of Science and ICT), Korea, under the National Program for Excellence in SW (2017-0-00093), supervised by the IITP (Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion).
- 1.Beloglazov, A., et al.: A taxonomy and survey of energy-efficient data centers and cloud computing systems. Adv. Comput. 82(2), 47–111 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Piraghaj, S.F., et al.: A survey and taxonomy of energy efficient resource management techniques in platform as a service cloud. In: Handbook of Research on End-to-End Cloud Computing Architecture Design, pp. 410–454 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, B., Sabhanatarajan, K., Gordon-Ross, A., George, A.: Real-time performance analysis of adaptive link rate. In: 33rd IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, 2008. LCN 2008, pp. 282–288. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Maurya, K., Sinha, R.: Energy conscious dynamic provisioning of virtual machines using adaptive migration thresholds in cloud data center. Int. J. Comput. Sci. Mob. Comput. 2(3), 74–82 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Galloway, J.M., Smith, K.L., Vrbsky, S.S.: Power aware load balancing for cloud computing. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 1 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Farooqi, A.M., Tabrez Nafis, Md., Usvub, K.: Comparative analysis of green cloud computing. Int. J. 8(2) (2017)Google Scholar