Real-Time and Accurate Target Location Method Based on Artificial Mark
A real-time and accurate target location method based on the artificial mark is proposed in the applications of wheelchair nursing bed docking. The artificial mark consists of the lines and the circles. Target-oriented edge detection is realized by using the modified Sobel operator, and morphology filtering is used to realize the edge extraction of the artificial mark area. The image segmentation is achieved based on the extracted edge image. In addition, location accurately on the segmented image is realized by using the method of the gravity center. The experimental results show that the subpixel level location is achieved under the complex background. The accuracy of the location method is less than 5 mm, and the location process takes 36 ms.
KeywordsArtificial mark Target-oriented edge detection Image segmentation Subpixel level location
The work reported in this paper is supported by Shanghai Science and Technology Committee, number: 15DZ1941902 & 18441907300 and Shanghai Engineering Research Center of Assistive Devices, number: 15DZ2251700.
- 1.Zhao X, Yuan J, Liu H (2016) Advances in vision-based target location technology. Comput Sci 43(06):10–16Google Scholar
- 2.Hager G, Kriegman D, Teh E et al (1997) Image-based prediction of landmark features for mobile robot navigation. In: Proceedings of international conference on robotics and automation, vol 2, pp 1040–1046Google Scholar
- 4.Tang H, Chen W, Wang J (2014) Artificial landmark distribution based on multiway M-sequence. Robot 36(01):29–35Google Scholar
- 5.Li Y, Li Z, Wang Y (2010) Center location of circle target captured by CCD camera. J Appl Opt 31(06):956–960Google Scholar
- 8.Liu Z, Jiang N, Zhang L (2010) Self-localization of mobile robots based on artificial landmarks and stereovision. Comput Eng Appl 46(9):190–192Google Scholar
- 9.Yang G, Xu X (2006) Application of color in vision-based recognition based on shape. Chin J Sci Instrum 27(6):758–759Google Scholar
- 11.Zheng H (2009) Summary of artificial landmarks and its method’s application in close-range photogrammetry. Geospat Inform 7(06):30–33Google Scholar
- 12.Zhao W, Zhu J, Liu S et al (2009) Sub-pixel localization of target based on linear feature. Surv Mapp Eng 18(02):12–15Google Scholar
- 14.Duan R, Li Q, Li Y (2005) Summary of image edge detection. Opt Tech 31(03):415–419Google Scholar
- 15.Shen D, Hou J, Xu E (2013) Edge detection method based on improved sobel operator. Comput Technol Dev 23(11):22–25Google Scholar