Research on the Needs of Elderly Users of Electronic Sphygmomanometer Design
Taking electronic sphygmomanometer as the research object, the user demand attributes and importance analysis were carried out to fully excavate the needs of elderly users based on Kano model. Through literature search and card sorting, the elderly’s needs for sphygmomanometer were preliminarily classified. Kano model questionnaire was used to analyse the importance of related demand attributes of the elderly. The results showed that the elderly had lower requirements for the appearance of the product and higher requirements for product performance and comfort. Combined with the hierarchy of demand attributes, design suggestions are proposed to improve the customer satisfaction of electronic sphygmomanometer for the elderly, which has important application value for improving the product market competitiveness.
KeywordsUser demand Hierarchy of needs theory Kano model Sphygmomanometer
Thanks to foundation of Jiangsu University’s scientific research project (17C625).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The study was approved by the Logistics Department for Civilian Ethics Committee of Jiangsu University.
All subjects who participated in the experiment were provided with and signed an informed consent form.
All relevant ethical safeguards have been met with regard to subject protection.
- 1.Mengna X (2017) On interface design and card classification. Beauty & Times 2017(7):86–88Google Scholar
- 3.Xiang Y, Rong H, Xi Y et al (2018) Functional hierarchy study of wearable devices for the elderly based on user demand. Pack Eng 2018(20):159–165Google Scholar
- 5.Jiajun S (1994) Quality function deployment. Aeronaut Standard Qual 1994(5):9–15Google Scholar
- 6.Jingya Q (2009) Research on fuzzy front-end analysis model of new product development based on QFD and Kano. Zhejiang UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 7.Gang C, Jinhong S, Weiguo M et al (2016) Design method of hand—assisted micro—cultivator based on user demand analysis. Mach Des 2016(11):11–16Google Scholar
- 8.Huilan Y, Yinghai H (2016) User research in the design of home appliances for the elderly. Design 2016(9):106–107Google Scholar