The Influences of Capability and Character on Human’s Manual Dexterity
In order to investigate the impact of human’s capability and human’s character on manual dexterity, 83 college students as subjects were tested by BD-II-601 manual dexterity testing instruments. Two comprehensive evaluation parameters, namely “general athletic capability” and “artistic capability,” were constructed. Boxplots, two-factor ANOVA with repeated measures, t-test and other statistical methods were employed to analyze and test the experiment data. Statistical results show that the main effects of “general athletic capability” and “artistic capability” on the results of manual dexterity tests are statistically “very significant” (p < 0.01) and statistically “significant” (p < 0.05), respectively. However, the interaction of two comprehensive evaluation parameters is not statistically significant (p > 0.05). And, “character” should be considered as an interference factor to the results of manual dexterity tests.
KeywordsSafety management Safety ergonomics Influencing factors Statistical analysis
Compliance with Ethical Standards
The study was approved by the Logistics Department for Civilian Ethics Committee of College of Safety Science and Engineering, Nanjing Tech University.
All subjects who participated in the experiment were provided with and signed an informed consent form.
All relevant ethical safeguards have been met with regard to subject protection.
- 1.Wang B, Wang X, Liu S et al (2007) Safety ergonomics. China Machine Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 3.Luo Y (2013) Introduction to safety science. China Zhijian Publishing House, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 4.Li S, Song S, Chen Y (2009) Evaluation of occupational safety adaptability. Prod Res 15:135–137Google Scholar
- 5.Wu K, Zhang B, Yao H (1997) Strategy and method for studying the professional adaptability for operators of dangerous installation. China Saf Sci J 7(4):17–22Google Scholar
- 6.Zhao D, Li J, Guan W et al (2010) Experimental analysis of factors of manual dexterity. In: Proceedings of 2010 (Shenyang) International Colloquium on Safety Science and Technology, 2010, pp 374–378Google Scholar
- 7.Li Z, Yang M, Huo Y et al (2013) Research on factors that affect manual dexterity of college students. Hina Sci Technol Panor Mag (24):226–227, 230Google Scholar
- 8.Li Y, Wu H (2006) The result reliability study on BD-II-601 finger-agility-meter. Res Explor Lab 25(10):1213–1217Google Scholar
- 9.Beijing qingniaotianqiao Instrument & Equipment Co., Ltd. (2018) Instruction for psychological instruments of BD-II Series [internet]. The Co., Ltd., Beijing 2018 May [Cited 2018 Sept 26] Available from: www.pkuie.com.cn/BD2/BD2-xinli.pdf
- 10.Zhang W (2017) Basic course of SPSS statistical analysis, textbooks for colleges and universities, 3rd edn. Higher Education Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar