Spectrum Sensing in MIMO Cognitive Radio Networks Using Likelihood Ratio Tests with Unknown CSI
Spectrum scarcity increases day by day due to underutilization of spectrum, Cognitive Radio Network (CRN) has been considered as a promising solution for in 5G communication system, as all of the available frequencies are not properly occupied in the spectrum. This is also very common to see that some of the frequencies in band are not utilized and some are overutilized. So the spectrum sensing is necessarily required to improve the accuracy of spectrum utilization and to protect the transmission of primary users. However, the dynamic nature of spectrum makes the sensing as a cumbersome task. In this paper, the problem of spectrum sensing in MIMO cognitive radio networks (CRN) has been considered in the existence of channel state information (CSI) uncertainty and various popular likelihood ratio test (LRT’s)has been suggested and analyzed for spectrum sensing. The expressions for probability of false alarm and probability of detection are also obtained in closed form. Simulation experiments are performed in MATLAB to compare the performance of suggested LRT’s and to identify the optimum LRT for CRN.
KeywordsCognitive radio Spectrum sensing Likelihood ratio tests (LRTs) Energy detection 5G communication
- 3.Bixio, L., Ottonello, M., Raffetto, M., Regazzoni, C.S.: (EURASIP Member) Comparison among cognitive radio architectures for spectrum sensing. EURASIP J. Wirel. Commun. Netw. 2011(11), 749891 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Jayakrishna, P.S., Sudha, T.: Energy efficient wireless sensor network assisted spectrum sensing for cognitive radio network. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Techniques in Control, Optimization and Signal Processing, pp. 1–7. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Cosovic, I., Jondral, F.K., Buddhikot, M.M., Kohno, R.: Comparison among cognitive radio architectures for spectrum sensing. EURASIP J. Wirel. Commun. Netw. 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Zeng, Y., Liang, Y. C., Hoang, A. T., Zhang, R.: A review on spectrum sensing for cognitive radio: challenges and solutions. EURASIP J. Adv. Signal Process. 2010(1), 381465 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhao, G., Ma, J., Li, G.Y., Wu, T., Kwon, Y., Soong, A., Yang, C.: Spatial spectrum holes for cognitive radio with relay-assisted directional transmission. IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun. 8(10), 5270–5279 (2009)Google Scholar