Rights-Conversion Type Urban Redevelopment Game Considering Financial Risk Management
In this research, an Urban Redevelopment Project Game prototype version is developed as a game that concisely represents the tasks and issues in a private-initiated redevelopment project based on the rights-conversion approach. In Urban Redevelopment Project Game, gaming deals with drawing up plans to ensure project profitability and reaching consensus under conditions of uncertainty. Additionally, it analyzes the results of test play and the risk-return attitudes of the plans which the players agreed. The validity of the game as a decision-making analysis tool is also discussed.
KeywordsRights conversion Private redevelopment project Urban Redevelopment Project Game Consensus building Project profitability
This work is supported by Foundation for Fusion of Science and Technology (FOST) grant.
- 1.Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2014) Urban redevelopment project by association/individual enforcement. National Urban Redevelopment Association (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Japan International Cooperation Agency (2016) Signing of record of discussions on project for the capacity development for management of Kabul City Road improvement and project for development service for land readjustment and urban redevelopment projects for Kabul Municipality in Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. https://www.jica.go.jp/afghanistan/english/office/topics/160718.html. Last accessed July 18 2016
- 3.Kaneda, T (2005) Simulation & gaming for societal design. Kyoritsu Publisher, Tokyo (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 6.Raiffa H (1982) The art and science of negotiation. Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MAGoogle Scholar
- 7.Miyano Y, Yamasaki T, Suzuki T, Ohta A, Kaneda T (2016) A study on risk management to prospect of project profit from ‘appropriate size’ redevelopment project. In: 4th SIG-BI, JSAI (in Japanese)Google Scholar