Track Management for Distributed Multi-target Tracking in Sensor Network
This paper addresses track management for multiple target tracking (MTT) with a sensor network. Track management is needed for track generation and extinction when the targets set is unknown. Based on a consensus-based fusion algorithm, we develope a MTT algorithm that includes the measurement-to-track association (M2TA) and track management. It can be effectively applied even when the sensor detection range is limited and the field-of-view (FOV)s of each sensor are different. Numerical examples are presented in a multi-sensor multi-target scenario to verify that the proposed algorithm works properly in various network structures and clutter environments.
KeywordsTrack management Multiple target tracking Sensor network Sensor Fusion
This work was supported by Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion (IITP) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIT) (No. 20150002130042002, Development of High Reliable Communications and Security SW for Various Unmanned Vehicles).
- 1.Olfati-Saber, R.: Distributed Kalman filtering for sensor networks. In: 2007 46th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 5492–5498. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Olfati-Saber, R., Jalalkamali, P.: Collaborative target tracking using distributed Kalman filtering on mobile sensor networks. In: 2011 American Control Conference (ACC), pp. 1100–1105. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Sandell, N.F., Olfati-Saber, R.: Distributed data association for multi-target tracking in sensor networks. In: 47th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, CDC 2008, pp. 1085–1090. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Blackman, S.S.: Multiple-Target Tracking with Radar Applications, 463 p. Artech House Inc., Dedham (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Bar-Shalom, Y., Willett, P.K., Tian, X.: Tracking and Data Fusion. YBS Publishing, Storrs (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Bar-Shalom, Y., Li, X.R.: Multitarget-Multisensor Tracking: Principles and Techniques, vol. 19. YBS, London (1995)Google Scholar