Study on Optimal Model of Traffic Signal Control at Oversaturated Intersection
With the rapid growth of automobiles in China, urban traffic congestion has become the most headache problem for citizens. In this paper, based on the SCATS of Shanghai urban traffic control, the traffic of oversaturated intersection is modeled and the optimization algorithm of intersection signal system is studied. The problem of traffic congestion can be alleviated by reducing the delay time and increasing the travel speed of vehicles at oversaturated intersections.
KeywordsTraffic congestion SCATS Oversaturated intersection Optimization algorithm
The project is supported by Key Project of Special Development Fund for Zhangjiang National Independent Innovation Demonstration Zone in Shanghai (Number 207105-JD-C1085-072, 201705-JD-C1085-056). This project is supported by the Shanghai Science and Technology Committee (Grant No. 17DZ1204003).
- 1.Zeng, X., Wu, C., Chen, Y., et al.: Research on the model of traffic signal control and signal coordinated control. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium for Intelligent Transportation and Smart City. Springer. EI: 20171603584791 (2017) Google Scholar
- 2.Zeng, X., Zhan, J, Yang, L., et al.: Research on the queue length prediction model with consideration for stochastic fluid. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium for Intelligent Transportation and Smart City. Springer. EI: 20171603584790 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Akcelik, R.: Traffic signals: capacity and timing analysis. ARRB, Research Report 123, Victoria, Australia (1981)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, Y., Jin, L., Yuan, T.:. Research on traffic flow state theory of vehicle queuing at Urban Road intersection. Urban Construction Theory Research: Electronic Version, 1 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Cipriani, E., Fusco, G.: Solution procedures for the global optimization of signal settings and traffic assignment combined problem. In: Proceedings of ICTTS, Traffic and Transportation Studies, pp. 325–336 (2002)Google Scholar