Research on the Status Quo of Smart School Development in China
Smart school is the development frontier of ICT in education. Understanding the status quo of smart school development has a positive impact on promoting the construction and development of smart school. This study surveyed and analyzed the development of 34 smart schools in China from the five dimensions of ICT infrastructure, digital resources, ICT application, information literacy and safeguard mechanism. The results indicated that the development of the schools across five dimensions is not balanced, the smart schools showed no difference between urban schools and rural schools, while the difference of safeguard mechanism between primary school and secondary school existed. Based on the findings, this study suggested that the development of safeguard mechanism and ICT infrastructure should be improved, and secondary schools could employ more ICT staff and improve school staff training quality.
KeywordsSmart school ICT development Informatization evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This study is funded by the Humanities and Social Science Foundation of Ministry of Education of China (Project name: Research on a context-integrated polymorphic ubiquitous learning resource aggregation model, Project number: 18YJC880005). We would also like to thank all the people who participated in this investigation.
-   Yang, A., Li, S., Ren, C., Liu, H., Han, Y., & Liu, L.: Situational awareness system in the smart campus. IEEE Access. 6, 63976–63986 (2018)Google Scholar
-  Sari, M.W., Ciptadi, P.W., & Hardyanto, R.H.: Study of smart campus development using internet of things technology. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 190, 012032 (2017)Google Scholar
-    Huang, R.H., Zhang, J.B., Hu, Y.B., Yang, J.F.: Smart School: The Inevitable Trend of Digital School Development. Open Education Research. 18, 12–17 (2012)Google Scholar
-  Bracco, S., Brignone, M., Delfino, F., & Procopio, R.: An energy management system for the savona campus smart polygeneration microgrid. IEEE Systems Journal, 11(3), 1799–1809 (2017)Google Scholar
-  Manuel, A. C., López G., Vázquez E., Villagrá V., & Julio, B.: Smart CEI Moncloa: an iot-based platform for people flow and environmental monitoring on a smart university campus. Sensors, 17(12), 2856 (2017)Google Scholar
-  Abdul, H., Sobia, A., Muhammad, A.A., Jonathan, L., Syed, H. A., Muhammad, F. M. & Sayed, C. S.: Disaster Management System Aided by Named Data Network of Things: Architecture, Design, and Analysis. Sensors. 18, 2431(2018)Google Scholar
-  Lee, J.M., Jo, E.B., Li, H.Y., Rha, J.Y.: A Study on University Students’ Use and Assesment with Digital Devices and Services for Realizing Smart Campus. Journal of Digital Convergence. 15, 27–39 (2017)Google Scholar
-  Gao, Q., Nie, Y.: Construction of smart campus linkage system model based on analysis of the current situation of primary and secondary school smart campus construction. China Medical Education Technology. 31, 376–380(2017)Google Scholar
-  Li, G.Q.: Design of the Campus Model of Vocational School Smart Campus Based on Index System-Taking the Construction of Smart Campus in Vocational Schools in Jiangsu Province as An Example. Jiangsu Education Research. z3, 78–83 (2018)Google Scholar
-  Soltani, M., Aliyev, A.: Study the establishment of smart schools. In: 2012 IV International Conference Problems of Cybernetics and Informatics (PCI 2012). pp. 90–92. IEEE Press, Baku (2013)Google Scholar
-  Woochun, J., Suk-KiA, H.: Study on Development of Smart Literacy Standards of Teachers and Students in Smart Learning Environments. Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information. 14(6), 59–70 (2013)Google Scholar
-  Cao, M., Shen, S.S., Bai, H.Q.: The Gap and Action of Digital Campus to Smart Campus: Investigation and Analysis from Several Schools in Nanjing. E-education Research. (1), 49–54 (2018)Google Scholar
-  Lu, C., Tsai, C.C., Wu, D.: The Role of ICT Infrastructure in Its Application to Classrooms: A Large Scale Survey for Middle and Primary Schools in China. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 18(2), 249–261 (2015)Google Scholar
-   Wu, D., Yu, X.R., Lu, C. Shi, Y.H.: Research on the Indicator System of the Development of Education Informatization. Open Education Research, 20(1), 92–99 (2014)Google Scholar