Vehicle Scheduling Optimization of Urban Distribution Considering Traffic Control
In order to alleviate the internal traffic situation, the first- and second-tier cities have introduced traffic control measures to restrict the driving roads and period of freight vehicles, which makes the operation of distribution enterprises more difficult. Based on the recursive matrix of vehicle arrival time under soft time window, a distribution path optimization model considering urban freight vehicle traffic control is constructed, and a hybrid genetic algorithm based on “chain coding” and “sub-chain compensation” crossover operator is developed to solve the problem. The changing trend of total distribution cost under different control scenarios and the comparison of convergence quality under different sub-chain size thresholds show that the proposed model and algorithm are effective and practical.
KeywordsCity distribution Restrictive regulation Vehicle routing Hybrid genetic algorithm
This work was supported by the China Science and Technology Project of Ministry of Housing and Urban–Rural development (Project Number: 2017-R2-039), the China Society of Logistics Research Project (Project Number: 2017CSLKT3-172), and the Scientific Research Innovation Project of Shenyang Jianzhu University (Project Number: CXPY2017006).
- 1.Lang, M.X., Hu, S.J.: Study on the optimization of physical distribution routing problem by using hybrid genetic algorithm. Chin. J. Manag. Sci. 10(05), 52–57 (2002). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.George, Y., John, G., Constantinos, A.: Effects of urban delivery restrictions on traffic movements. Transp. Plan. Technol. 29(4), 295–311 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Quak, H.J., Koster, M.B.M.D.: Delivering goods in urban areas how to deal with urban policy restrictions and the environment. Transp. Sci. 43(2), 211–227 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, X.K., Yang, D.Y., Hu, X.W.: Freight transportation characteristics and assessment of policy in urban central commercial district. J. Transp. Syst. Eng. Inf. Technol. 6(06), 130–135 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Hu, Y.C., Shen, J.S., Huang, A.L.: Multi-objective optimization for city distribution under urban freight restriction. J. Transp. Syst. Eng. Inf. Technol. 12(06), 119–125 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Huang, F.Z.: Research on the Influence of Beijing Truck Traffic Control Policy on Logistics Efficiency. Logistics Engineering and Management. 39(281), 116–117 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, Wu, Wu, J., Hu, H.: Vehicle routing problem under traffic restriction and soft time window and improvement of ant colony algorithm. Logist. Technol. 35(360), 98–103 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhe, X.F., Pu, Y.M., Liang, F., Qin, W.W.: Two-tier planning model for urban logistics distribution optimization under traffic control time limit. J. Highw. Transp. 31(232), 149–156 (2014)Google Scholar