TVET in Malaysia
This country report in the provision of TVET in the Federation of Malaysia provides a general overview of TVET in general regarding educational background in Malaysia, the formal TVET education process and issues related to TVET and TVET instruction in Malaysia. There are eight ministries involved with the TVET programme which also contribute to human capital development. There are issues and challenges to be faced to ensure that manpower produced in Malaysia be able to meet industry needs. Malaysia will endure to plan and certify human capital development can be implemented in collaboration with various related parties.
KeywordsTVET Issues and challenges in TVET Malaysian education system TVET provider Malaysia TVET way forward
- Affero, I., & Hassan, R. (2013). Issues and Challenges of Technical and Vocational Education & Training in Malaysia for Knowledge Worker Driven. In National Conference on Engineering Technology 2014, 2013 (2015), 1–11. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/271702784_Issues_and_Challenges_of_Technical_and_Vocational_Education_Training_in_Malaysia_for_Knowledge_Worker_Driven.
- Ahmad, Z. H. (2016). Education 2030 Launch and Symposium. Malaysia Ministry of Education, (August). Retrieved on 28th November 2017 from https://www.moe.gov.my/images/Terbitan/Rujukan-Akademik/Presentation-Education-2030-Launch-Symposium-23rd-August-2016-Hotel-Istana-Ballroom-Kuala-Lumpur/Zanariah-Hj-Ahmad/Zanariah%20Hj.%20Ahmad.pdf.
- Bahagian Perancangan dan Penyelidikan Dasar Pendidikan. (2014). Perangkaan Pendidikan Malaysia 2014, 1–200. Retrieved on 15th November 2017 from https://moe.gov.my/images/KPM/BPM/Media/Penerbitan/Terbitan/2017/Buku_Perangkaan_Pendidikan_Malaysia_2016/perangkaan2016_FINAL_intractive-1.pdf.
- CIA World Factbook. (2013). Malaysia Demographics Profile 2013. CIA World Factbook, 962(July 2016), 1–3. Retrieved on 2nd December 2017 from https://www.indexmundi.com/malaysia/demographics_profile.html.
- Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia. (2016). Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia Siaran Akhbar Buletin Perangkaan Sosial, Malaysia, 2016. Retrieved on 27th November 2017 from https://www.dosm.gov.my.
- Malaysian Qualification Agency. (2017). Code of Practice for TVET Programme Accreditation, 4101(Draft). Retrieved on 3rd December 2017 from www.mqa.gov.my.
- Ministry of Education Malaysia (MoE). (2015). Malaysia Education Blueprint 2015-2025 (Higher Education). Ministry of Education Malaysia. Retrieved on 26th November 2017 from from www.moe.edu.my.
- Ministry of Education Malaysia (MoE). (2017). Laporan Pentaksiran Sekolah Rendah 2017. Retrieved on 26th November 2017 from from www.moe.edu.my.
- MoHE, M. (2016). Malaysia Higher Education Blueprint 2015–2025. Hobsons Education Blog, (8). Retrieved on 1st December 2017 from https://www.acu.ac.uk/events/perspectives/datin-siti-hamisah-presentation.
- Pang, C. L. (2008). A historical account of skills training in Malaysia. In G. Loose, G. Spottl, & Y. M. Sahir (Eds.), Re-engineering dual training—the Malaysian experience (pp. 165–176). Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang.Google Scholar
- Pang, C. L. (2010). The Integration of the National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS-)-based training system and the national dual training system. Dissertation in Fulfillment of Ph.D. (Technical Education), Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia/University of Bremen, Germany. Batu Pahat: UTHM/University of Bremen.Google Scholar
- SABER Country Report. (2013). Malaysia Workforce Development. The World Bank. Retrieved on 16th November 2017 from http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/577331468278933361/SABER-workforce-development-country-report-Malaysia-2013.
- StudyMalaysia. (2016). Technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in Malaysia. Retrieved on 27th November 2017 from https://www.studymalaysia.com/education/top-stories/technical-and-vocational-education-and-training-in-malaysia.
- StudyMalaysia. (2016). Skill Training Programmes (Technical and Vocational) By Government. Retrieved on 16th November 2017 from https://www.studymalaysia.com/education/technical-vocational-training/skill-training-programmes-technical-vocational-by-government.
- UNESCO. (2015). Malaysia National Education for All Review Report. World Education Forum, 1–128.Google Scholar