Vocational Education and Training in Lao PDR
Laos is a country in Southeast Asia. In recent years, its economic growth has been rapid, with the development of vocational education. Through the study of the tasks, management, system, national qualification framework, quality assurance, current situation and future development of vocational education in Laos, this paper presents the characteristics of vocational education in Laos and analyses its development trend and challenges.
KeywordsLaos TVET Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Bohlmann. (2013). Current situation of the TVET sector in Lao PDR with special emphasis on the education of vocational teachers, (p. 2) http://www.academia.edu/5079889/Current-Situation_TVET-Sector_Lao_PDR-2013-11-12.
- CIA. (2017). World Factbook Laos, https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/population/LA_popgraph%202016.bmp.
- Euler, D. (2017). TVET Personnel in ASEAN. Investigation in five ASEAN states, (p. 50).Google Scholar
- GIZ. (2014) Vocational Education in Laos (VELA), https://www.giz.de/de/downloads/giz2014-en-vocational-education-laos.pdf.
- ILO. (2016). Compilation of assessment studies on technical vocational education and training (TVET) Lao People’s Democratic Republic, (p. 15). Mongolia, the Philippines, Thailand and VietNam http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/—asia/—ro-bangkok/documents/publication/wcms_458131.pdf.
- Lateef. (n.d.). Lao PDR strengthening technical and vocational education and training project (Gender Action Plan), (p. 29). http://www.ebrd.com/downloads/research/sustain/5lateef.pdf.
- MoES. (2015). Technical and vocational education and training development plan 2016–2020, (pp. 21–22). http://www.moe.gov.la/tvet/images/phocagallery/PDF/nitikum/TVET%20Dev%20plan%20English%20final%20PPD.pdf.
- Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES). (2015). Technical and vocational education and training development plan 2016–2020,( p. 14) http://www.moe.gov.la/tvet/images/phocagallery/PDF/nitikum/TVET%20Dev%20plan%20English%20final%20PPD.pdf.
- MoES. (2016). Guideline for the Implementation of Quality Assurance in TVET Institution (revised version).Google Scholar
- Ministry of Planning and Investment (MoPI). (2016): 8th Five-Year National Socio-Economic Development Plan (2016–2020), ( p. 117) http://www.la.one.un.org/images/publications/8th_NSEDP_2016-2020.pdf.
- Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam. (2016). http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/—asia/—robangkok/documents/publication/wcms_458131.pdf.
- Phoumilay. (2012). TVET reform in Lao PDR-challenges and issues and step forward within 2011–2015, (p. 11) http://www.unesco.org/education/TVET2012/roundtable/1/Ph-Phoumilay.pdf.
- Phoumilay. (2013). Mainstreaming gender in the TVET project (p. 3) https://de.scribd.com/document/170492137/Lao-PDR-Strengthening-TVET-Project.
- Presentation (VEDI_17_10_2017.pptx) TVET initiative in response to sustainable development goal: TVET teachers development in Lao PDR”.Google Scholar
- Phoumilay. (2017). TVET - Teacher and Student Development for current and future in Lao PDR. Presentation on ASIAN Summit on Education and Skills, 18–19 September 2017, in Mumbai, India.Google Scholar
- SEAMEO VOCTECH Regional Centre Brunei Darussalam. (2015). Technical and vocational education and training in Lao PDR, http://seatvet.seameo.org/docs/TVET_Lao%20PDR_2015.pdf.
- STVETLAO. (n.d.). Statistics of teachers-staffs and students of public TVET institutions from the year 2008–2013”, http://www.stvetlao.org/images/phocagallery/PDF/Statistic/Brochure%20English.pdf.
- UNESCO. (2013). Policy Review of TVET in Lao PDR, (p. 28f) http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0022/002211/221146E.pdf.
- Worldbank Data on Lao https://data.worldbank.org/country/lao-pdr.