Optimal Caching Placement in Cache-Enabled Cloud Radio Access Networks
In this paper, we first consider the random caching and carefully analyze the signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio from the perspective of a typical user, deriving the expression of successful transmission probability. Then, our objective is to maximize the successful transmission probability by optimizing the caching distribution in high SNR using proposed subgradient descent method. Finally, simulations illustrate that the caching distribution optimized by our proposed algorithm achieves a gain in successful transmission probability over existing caching distributions.
KeywordsCaching Cloud radio access network Optimization
This work was supported by the National Science Foundation China under Grant 61771345.
- 1.Zhou H, Tao M, Chen E, Yu W. Content-centric multicast beamforming in cache-enabled cloud radio access networks. In: IEEE global communications conference; 2015. p. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 3.Baśtuǵ E, Bennis M, Debbah M. Cache-enabled small cell networks: modeling and tradeoffs. In: International symposium on wireless communications systems; 2014. p. 41.Google Scholar
- 4.Tamoor-Ul-Hassan S, Bennis M, Nardelli PHJ, Latva-Aho M. Modeling and analysis of content caching in wireless small cell networks. 2015;57(1):56–60.Google Scholar
- 5.Cui Y, Jiang D, Wu Y. Analysis and optimization of caching and multicasting in large-scale cache-enabled wireless networks. IEEE Trans Wireless Commun. 2016;15(7):5101–12.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu SM, Kim SL. Downlink capacity and base station density in cellular networks. 2012;14(2):119–24.Google Scholar
- 8.Yu H, Neely MJ. On the convergence time of dual subgradient methods for strongly convex programs. IEEE Trans Autom Control. 2015;99:1.Google Scholar