A Data-Aided Method of Frequency Offset Estimation in Coded Multi-h CPM System
The carrier frequency offset is a common problem in communication systems, but in most case, phase-locked loop (PLL) can only track small frequency shift, so an estimation of initial frequency offset is necessary for CPM synchronization. In coded multi-h CPM system, it is a convenient method to use the information of frame header for frequency estimation. In this paper, we combine the pulse-pair technique and fast Fourier transform (FFT) calculating method for our purpose. According to the simulation results, it can achieve accurate estimation for comparative great frequency offset and perform steady even in low signal-to-noise ratios (SNRs).
KeywordsFast Fourier transform (FFT) Frequency offset estimation Frame header Pulse-pair technique
- 1.D’Andrea AN, Ginesi A, Mengali U. Digital carrier frequency estimation for multilevel CPM signals, Pisa, Italy.Google Scholar
- 3.Xie S, Zhhong S, Fan J, Yang C. Carrier frequency synchronization for large dynamic PCM/ FM signals. Telecommun Eng. 2017;57(3):276–81.Google Scholar
- 5.Hosseini E, Perrins E. Maximum likelihood synchronization of burst-mode CPM. Commun Theor Symp Globecom; 2013.Google Scholar
- 6.Wang W, Abeysekera SS. Data aided phase tracking and symbol detection for CPM in frequency-flat fading channel. In: ICASSP; 2011.Google Scholar
- 7.Standard IRIG. Telemetry standards, range commanders council 106–15 (Part I) Appendix R. 2015.Google Scholar