Face Template Protection Algorithm Based on DNA Encoding Encryption
With the rapid development of information technology, biometric technology has been widely used. However, biological information is limited to everyone, once it is leaked, it can no longer be safely used, which will cause lifelong damage to users. Therefore, the study of biological template protection technology is of great significance. This paper introduces the deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) coding theory into biometric template protection and proposes a face template protection algorithm based on DNA coding encryption. Experiments and analyses are carried out on Olivetti Research Laboratory (ORL) face database. The results show that the proposed algorithm not only enhances the security of the original template, but also ensures the recognition performance of the system.
KeywordsBiometrics Biometric template DNA coding Face template protection
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61501176, Heilongjiang Province Natural Science Foundation (F2018025), University Nursing Program for Young Scholars with Creative Talents in Heilongjiang Province (UNPYSCT-2016017).
- 1.Kevenaar TAM, Lemma AN. System and method for verifying the identity of an individual by employing biometric data features associated with the individual. US, US9160522; 2015.Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang XC, Han F, Niu Y. Chaotic image encryption algorithm based on bit permutation and dynamic DNA encoding. Comput Intell Neurosci. 2017:1–11.Google Scholar
- 3.Shao X, Xu H, Veldhuis RNJ et al. A concatenated coding scheme for biometric template protection. IEEE international conference on acoustics, speech and signal processing; 2012. p. 1865–8.Google Scholar
- 5.Clark F, Brook BW, Delean S, et al. The theta-logistic is unreliable for modelling most census data. Methods Ecol Evol. 2010;1:253–62.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang X, Cao Y. A novel chaotic map and an improved chaos-based image encryption scheme. Sci World J. 2014;2014:1–8.Google Scholar
- 9.Awad A, Miri A. A new image encryption algorithm based on a chaotic DNA substitution method. In: IEEE international conference on communications; 2012. p. 963–71.Google Scholar
- 10.Cui H, Liu J, Chen P, et al. Facial feature extraction based on MB_LBP and improved Fast PCA algorithm. Microcomput Appl. 2015;15:29–32.Google Scholar