Pseudorange Fusion Algorithm for GPS/BDS Software Receiver
The multi-mode positioning of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) could improve the positioning accuracy compared with the traditional single-mode positioning, as the number of observed satellites is increased and the geometry distribution of visual satellites is improved. In this paper, pseudorange fusion algorithm is proposed to combine the pseudorange observations of both Global Positioning System (GPS) and BeiDou Navigation System (BDS) to obtain the position equation for dual-mode positioning. Then the weighted least square method is used to solve this position equation. Besides that, the proposed pseudorange fusion algorithm is implemented in a GPS/BDS software receiver. According to positioning result comparison of single-mode and dual-mode positioning, it is concluded that the dilution of precision (DOP) of the dual-mode positioning is smaller and the positioning accuracy is more precision.
KeywordsPseudorange fusion Weighted least square method Multi-mode positioning Software receiver
This research is partially supported by the Chinese National Science Foundation (No. 61501079 and 61231006), Doctoral Scientific Research Starting Foundation of Liaoning Province (No. 2017011243 and No. 2017011149), Remote Sensing Youth Science and Technology Innovative Research, Dalian Technology Star Program, Foundation of Liaoning Educational Committee (No. L2015059) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 3132018182 and 3132016317).
- 1.Zhang P, Zeng Q, Zhu X, Pei L. Research progress of Global Navigation Satellite System software receiver. J Hebei Univ Sci Technol. 2016;3:220–9.Google Scholar
- 3.Lu Y. Beidou/GPS dual-mode software receiver principle and implementation technology. Beijing: Publishing House of Electronics Industry; 2016.Google Scholar
- 5.Kim G, So H, Jeon S, Kee C, Cho Y, Choi W. The development of modularized post processing GPS software receiving platform. In: 2008 international conference on control, automation and systems, Seoul; 2008. p. 1094–8.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang Z. Design and research of GPS software receiver and its key technologies based on VC++. Tianjin: Nankai University; 2013.Google Scholar
- 7.Wang Q. The design and implementation positioning algorithm for GPS/BD2 dual-mode receiver. Southeast University; 2016.Google Scholar
- 8.Yu C, Qin H, Jin T. Design of weighted least squares positioning algorithm for BD2/GPS based on CNO. In: China Satellite Navigation Academic annual conference; 2015.Google Scholar