A Modulation Recognition Method Based on Bispectrum and DNN
In this paper, we propose a new method for modulation recognition of received digital signals using bispectrum and AlexNet. The bispectrum analysis is used to generate the feature images, AlexNet, as a widely used deep neural network (DNN), is used as the classifier. It is able to classify six common digital communication signals, including 2ASK, 4ASK, 2FSK, 4FSK, 2PSK and 4PSK. Compared to the traditional decision-theoretic methods, the proposed method needs no prior information for the received signals. The numerical results indicate that this method is more robust and effective than the classical decision theory and its improved algorithm, particularly when the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is low. It is shown that the success rate of 90% can be achieved when the SNR is greater than or equal to 3 dB.
KeywordsAlexNet Bispectrum CNN DNN Modulation recognition
This work was supported in part by National Nature Science Foundation of China under Grants No. 61201192 and the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China under Grants No. 2015AA01A708.
- 4.Park CS, Kim DY. Modulation classification of analog and digital signals using neural network and support vector machine. In: 4th international symposium on neural networks, ICNN2007, Nanjing, Jun 2007.Google Scholar
- 5.Lopatka J, Pedzisz M. Automatic modulation classification using statistical moments and a fuzzy classifier. In: International conference on signal processing, vol. 3, 61(24); 2000. p. 1500–6.Google Scholar
- 7.Wong MDL, Nandi AK. Efficacies of selected blind modulation type detection methods for adaptive OFDM systems. In: Proceedings of the international conference on signal processing and communication systems, ISCPSC2007; Dec 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.Liu J, Luo Q. A novel modulation classification algorithm based on daubechies5 wavelet and fractional fourier transform in cognitive radio. In: IEEE ICCT; 2012. p. 115–20.Google Scholar
- 11.Lin Y, Tu Y, Dou Z et al. The application of deep learning in communication signal modulation recognition. In: 2017 IEEE/CIC international conference on communications in China (ICCC), Qingdao; Oct 2017.Google Scholar
- 12.Krizhevsky A, Sutskever I, Hinton G. ImageNet classification with deep convolutional neural networks. In: International conference on neural information processing systems, p. 1097–105 (2012).Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang DM, Wang X. Improved method of digital signals modulation identification based on decision theory. J Comput Appl. 2009;29(12):3227–30.Google Scholar