Photovoltaic Boost DC/DC Converter for Power Led with Adaptive P&O-Fuzzy Maximum Power Point Tracking
This paper presents the development of photovoltaic (PV) dc/dc converter to operate power LED with an improved MPPT technique. The proposed MPPT technique is the combination and integration of Perturb and Observe (P&O) and fuzzy logic control (FLC) to form a single technique, named as adaptive P&O-fuzzy control MPPT. The proposed MPPT is aimed to enhance MPPT performance and it is compared with conventional P&O and FLC MPPT techniques respectively. Laboratory prototype was developed, and the setup includes PV test panel of Kyocera KD210GH-2PU, boost dc/dc converter, and power LED as a load. Behavior of the adaptive P&O-fuzzy MPPT was tested and compared with two mentioned techniques. The proposed MPPT shows the best performance in achieving fast time response.
KeywordsBoost dc/dc converter Fuzzy logic control Maximum power point tracking Perturb and observe Photovoltaic
- 2.Ruiz, F., Fuentes, C., Flores-Bahamonde, F., Calvente, J., Giral, R., Restrepo, C.: Digital current control of the versatile buck-boost converter for photovoltaic applications. In: 2017 IEEE 8th International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG), 1–6 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Hernandez, J., Silva, J., Vallejo, W..: Study of implementation of PV-powered led system to be used as traffic lights in the bogota city. In: 2011 37th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), pp. 3250–3251 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Bouchafaa, F., Beriber, D., Boucherit, M.S.: Modeling and simulation of a gird connected PV generation system with MPPT fuzzy logic control, In: 7th International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals and Devices, pp. 1–7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Harjai, A., Bhardwaj, A., Sandhibigraha, M.: Study of maximum power point tracking (MPPT) techniques in a solar photovoltaic array, Thesis department of electrical engineering national institute of technology rourkela-769008, orissa, (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Villalva, M.G., Ruppert Filho, E.: Analysis and simulation of the P&O algorithm using a linearized PV array model, In: Industrial Electronics Conference, IECON’ 09, pp. 231–236 (2009)Google Scholar