A New Proposal for Solving Equations of Angular Contact Ball Bearing Using Evolutionary Techniques
Heat generation in angular contact bearings, dynamic analysis and optimization of high speed spindle bearings require to know the load-displacement values in for bearing components. The equations that describe the relationship among preload, speed, and contact angle are solved usually using iterative methods. A new method that uses genetic algorithms is proposed to solve the algebraic system with multiple dependencies with a good precision in evaluation of angular contact angle.
KeywordsAngular-contact ball bearing Analytical model System of algebraic equations Genetic algorithms
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Harris, T.A.: Rolling Bearing Analysis, 4th edn. Wiley, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Bossmanns, B.: Thermo-mechanical modeling of motorized spindle systems for high speed milling. Ph.D. thesis, Purdue University (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Samadli, V.: Rotor-bearing system dynamics of a high speed micro end mill spindle. Ph.D. thesis, University of Florida (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Yanfang, D., Zude, Z., Mingyao, L.: A new model based machine tool spindle bearing preload optimization method. Int. J. Eng. Technol. 6(11), 416–423 (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.Djerou, L., Khelil, N., Aichouche, S.: Artificial bee colony algorithm for solving initial value problems. Commun. Math. Appl. 8(2), 119–125 (2017)Google Scholar
- 18.Goldberg, D. E.: Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley Professional (1989)Google Scholar
- 19.Price, K., Storn, R.M.: Differential Evolution: A Practical Approach to Global Optimization. Springer (2005)Google Scholar