Fractal MIMO Antenna for Wireless Application
A compact two-element fractal MIMO antenna with dimension of 20 × 32 mm2 is proposed. A T-shaped reflecting stub is placed between two antenna elements to reduce mutual coupling, and hence to improve isolation. The ring resonator is used on backside antenna which increased the number of resonances. The reflection coefficient of antenna is found to be below −10 dB at 2.4 and 3.5–7.1 GHz. The mutual coupling between antenna element is found less than −10 dB. The performance of antenna is evaluated in terms of mutual coupling, radiation pattern, peak gain, directivity, and VSWR. The maximum combined gain of antenna is found to be 3.01 dB.
KeywordsMultiple-input multiple-outputs (MIMO) Gain Fractal monopole Wireless local area network (WLAN) Mutual coupling S-parameter
- 1.Elkazmi E, See CH, Jan NA, Abd-Alhameed RA, Ali N, McEwan NJ (2014) Design of a wideband printed MIMO monopole antenna using neutralisation lines technique. In: Proceedings of Asia-Pasific microwave conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 2.Rajkumar S, Selven KT, Rao PH (2015) Compact two element UWB fractal monopole MIMO antenna using T-shaped reflecting stub for high isolation. In: IEEE international microwave and RF conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 3.Satpute MP, Khade SS (2016) An apollonian fractal MIMO antenna for WLAN application. In: 3rd International conference on signal processing and integrated networks (SPIN)Google Scholar
- 5.Satam V, Nema S (2015) Defected ground structure planar dual element MIMO antenna for wireless and short range RADAR application. IEEE SPICESGoogle Scholar
- 7.Chandel R, Gautam AK (2016) Compact MIMO/diversity slot antenna for UWB applications with band-notched characteristic 52Google Scholar