Effect of Temperature on Phase Formation in Thin Bilayer Ni/GaAs Films
The results of a study of the effect of sample condensation conditions and annealing temperature on the phase composition of bilayer Ni/GaAs films are presented. A layer of GaAs was deposited at room temperature and a layer of nickel at different substrate temperatures. The temperature intervals for the existence of a low-temperature amorphous phase and an intermediate phase of the ternary Ni3GaAs system were established by means of electron diffraction studies. The Ni3GaAs phase decomposes into the phases of the binary systems NiAs and γ-Ni3Ga2 with increasing temperature. Annealing of the films or an increase in the temperature of the substrate during their condensation causes a decrease in the crystallization and phase decomposition temperatures.
KeywordsThin films Metal-semiconductor interface Gallium arsenide
This study was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- 5.Dukarov SV, Pojda VP, Churilov IG (2017) Wetting of nickel films of variable thickness by island lead condensates. In: Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE 7th international conference on nanomaterials: applications & properties (NAP-2017) Part 1, Zatoka, Ukraine, 10–15 Sept, 2017, p 01PCSI08. https://doi.org/10.1109/NAP.2017.8190145
- 6.Gladkikh NT (ed), Dukarov SV, Kryshal AP, Larin VI, Sukhov VN, Bogatyrenko SI (2004) Poverkhnostnye yavleniya i fazovye prevrashcheniya v kondensirovannykh plenkakh (Surface phenomena and phase transformations in condensed films). V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Gladkikh NT, Dukarov SV, Sukhov VN et al (2011) Condensation mechanism of AgCl and NaCl island films on a nickel substrate. Funct Mater 18(4):529–533Google Scholar
- 13.Petrushenko SI, Dukarov SV, Sukhov VN et al (2015) Inner size effect in the polycrystalline metal films of fusible metals. J Nano-Electron Phys 7(2):02033Google Scholar
- 15.Okamoto H (2000) Desk handbook. Phase diagrams for binary alloys. ASM International, OhioGoogle Scholar
- 16.Vol AE (1962) Stroenie i svojstva dvojnykh metallicheskikh sistem (The structure and properties of binary metal systems). GIFML, Moscow [In Russian]Google Scholar
- 17.Lyakishev NP (2001) Phase diagrams of binary metal systems. Mashinostroenie, MoscowGoogle Scholar