Adaptive Guaranteed Performance Control of Wind Energy Systems
In this chapter, we present an adaptive guaranteed performance controller for wind energy conversion system (WECS) equipped with doubly fed induction generator (DFIG). The proposed controller consists of outer loop control concerning the aeroturbine mechanical subsystem, and inner loop control concerning the electrical subsystem. As opposed to most existing studies, we are capable of quantifying and further guaranteeing the system performance on both transient and steady state stages with the help of error transformation techniques. The stability is guaranteed via standard Lyapunov synthesis. Finally, the effectiveness of the proposed scheme is validated on a 1.5 MW DFIG-based wind turbine using the FAST (Fatigue, Aerodynamics, Structures, and Turbulence) simulator developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
- 21.Yang Q, Jagannathan S (2012) Reinforcement learning controller design for affine nonlinear discrete-time systems using online approximators. IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern Part B Cybern 42(2):377–390Google Scholar
- 23.Lewis FL, Jagannathan S, Yesildirak A (1999) Neural network control of robot manipulators and non-linear systems. Taylor & Francis, Philadelphia, PAGoogle Scholar
- 24.National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO. (2007, Feb). http://wind.nrel.gov/designcodes/simulators/fast/
- 26.Buhl Jr ML, Manjock A (2006) A comparison of wind turbine aeroelastic codes used for certification. Natl Renew Energy Lab, Golden, CO, NREL/CP-500-39113Google Scholar
- 27.Jonkman BJ, Buhl Jr ML, Turbsim user’s guide. Technical Report NREL/TP-500-41136. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), Golden, CO. http://wind.nrel.gov/designcodes/simulators/fast/