High Temperature Ductility and Industrial Control Technology of Ni-Base Superalloy GH90
In order to figure out the high temperature ductility and industrial control technology of GH90, a systematic study was carried out by theoretical calculation, laboratory tests, and industrial experiments. The effect of major alloying element on equilibrium phase diagrams was calculated by Jmatpro and the effect of the element on high temperature ductility was theoretically analyzed, and the control of major element content was specified. In addition, hot compression test was carried out on thermo-simulator system Gleeble3500 at varying temperatures (900–1200 °C) and reduction ratio (10–70%). Based on above study, the hot forging and rolling technology was proposed and industrial experiment was carried out. The result showed that the deformation temperature was the main factor to influence the high temperature ductility of GH90 and the suitable deformation temperature is above 950 °C.
KeywordsNi-base superalloy GH90 High temperature ductility Gleeble3500 Industrial control technology
- 1.M.J. Donachie, S.J. Donachie, Superalloys: A Technical Guide (ASM International, 2002)Google Scholar
- 2.M. Durand-Charre, The Microstructure of Superalloys (Routledge, 2017)Google Scholar
- 3.F.S. Pettit, C.S. Giggins, C.T. Sims et al., Superalloys II (Wiley, New York, NY, 1987), p. 327Google Scholar
- 7.G.E. Dieter, Workability testing techniques. Am. Soc. Met. 1984, 324 (1984)Google Scholar
- 15.J.P. Liebig, S. Krauß, M. Göken et al., Influence of stacking fault energy and dislocation character on slip transfer at coherent twin boundaries studied by micropillar compression. Acta Mater. (2018)Google Scholar