Cold Deformation Behavior and Mechanical Properties of Forged Pure Nickel N6
With 0.018% content in the crust, pure nickel N6 has excellent conductivity, hot conductivity, and corrosion resistance. At present, it has been widely used in chemical, nuclear, marine, and aerospace fields. However, there are few studies on deformation behaviors and mechanical properties of pure nickel N6 at room temperature. In this paper, cold deformation behaviors and mechanical properties of N6 were studied by tensile, compressive, and impact load experiment at room temperature. With the increase of strain rate, it was found that the work hardening index increases gradually and the strength coefficient showed an upward trend, which basically followed the law of parabolic hardening, and its constitutive equation was obtained after the modification of strain rate. Observation of fracture by scanning electron microscope (SEM), it was found that the tensile fracture way of N6 changed from brittle fracture to ductile fracture and the impact fracture mechanism was both ductile fracture and brittle fracture. This study may lay a foundation for the cold working process of pure nickel N6.
KeywordsPure nickel N6 Cold deformation behavior Mechanical properties
Zhi Jia would like to gratefully acknowledge the support of the National Nature Science Foundation of China (No. 51665032) and Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars of Gansu Province (18JR3RA134).
- 1.G. Mo, F. Pan Zen, Research on the hot deformation behavior and tube extrusion for Nickel. J. Netshape Form. Eng. (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.J.J. Ji, Z. Jia, W. Hu, X. Ru, F. Guo, Study on Hot Deformation behavior and hot processing diagram of as cast pure Nickel N6. Hot Work Technol. (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.B. Zhang, L.L. Zhu, K.S. Wang, W. Wang, X. Ya, F. Hao, The deformation behavior and processing map of flat hot compression of pure nickel N6. Chin. J. Eng. 37(4), 480–487 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.L. Zhu, X. Liu, G. Sun, Analysis on microstructure and tensile fracture morphology of pure nickel N6 cold-rolled sheet. Hot Work Technol. 44(5), 247–249 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.H. Zhang, K. Zhang, Z. Lu, C. Zhao, X. Yang, Hot deformation behavior and processing map of a γ′-hardened nickel-based superalloy. Mater. Sci. Eng. A (2014)Google Scholar