Impossible Differential Cryptanalysis of SPECK
The security of SPECK under impossible differential cryptanalysis is studied. Based on multiple 6-round impossible differential distinguishers and combined with the divide-and-conquer attack and time-and-memory tradeoff, the improved 10-round impossible differential cryptanalysis of SPECK32/64 and SPECK48/96 is presented by adding one round forward and three rounds backward. In addition, by further analyzing the properties of the differential diffusion of addition, many 7-round impossible differential distinguishers of SPECK families of block ciphers are constructed. And the 11-round impossible differential cryptanalysis of SPECK32/64 and SPECK48/96 is presented by adding one round forward and three rounds backward.
KeywordsLightweight block cipher SPECK Impossible differential cryptanalysis Impossible differential distinguisher Addition
Supported by the Foundation of Science and Technology on Information Assurance Laboratory (No. KJ-17-003).
- 1.Beaulieu, R., Shors, D., Smith, J., et al.: The SIMON and SPECK Families of Lightweight Block Ciphers. http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/404.pdf
- 2.Abed, F., List, E., Lucks, S.: Cryptanalysis of the SPECK Family of Block Ciphers. https://eprint.iacr.org/2013/568.pdf
- 7.Chen, Y.Q.: Zero correlation cryptanalysis of block cipher SPECK. Master thesis, Shandong University (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Cui, T.T., Jia, K.T., Fu, K., Chen, S.Y., Wang M.Q.: New Automatic Search Tool for Impossible Differentials and Zero-Correlation Linear Approximations. http://eprint.iacr.org/2016/689.pdf
- 11.Knudsen, L.R.: DEAL A 128-bit block cipher. Department of Informatics, Complexity (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Lee, H.C., Kang, H.C., Hong, D., Sung, J., Hong, S.: New Impossible Differential Characteristic of SPECK64 Using MILP. https://eprint.iacr.org/2016/1137.pdf
- 14.Xu, H., Su, P.H., Qi, W.F.: Impossible differential cryptanalysis of reduced-round SPECK. J. Electron. Inf. Technol. 39(10), 2479–2486 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.Li, M.M., Guo, J.S., C, J.Y., Xu,L.H.: Analysis of impossibledifferential characteristic forSPECK family of block ciphers. J.Cryptol. Res. 5(6), 631–640 (2018)Google Scholar