Common White Light Sources
In this Chapter we describe the features of common light sources. We first present the spectral features of the sun and discuss its colorimetric properties. Next, we summarize the properties of traditional light sources including incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps, and high-pressure sodium lamps. Subsequently, we discuss the white light-emitting diodes of various types.
KeywordsSun Incandescent lamps Fluorescent lamps High-pressure sodium lamps LEDs
- 1.“Tutorial: introduction to solar radiation.” [Online]. Available: https://www.newport.com/t/introduction-to-solar-radiation. Accessed 30 Jul 2018
- 2.“Sunlight.” [Online]. Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunlight. Accessed 12 Nov 2018
- 6.Schielke T (2007) Energy efficiency with lamp technology. Energy efficiency and visual comfort through intelligent design. ERCO Lichtbericht 83Google Scholar
- 7.Schubert EF (2006) Light-emitting diodes, 2nd edn. Cambridge University PressGoogle Scholar
- 9.Graydon O (2011) The new oil? Nat Photonics 5(1):1Google Scholar