Quality and Complexity Measurement of 2D-DCT Archietecture Using Loeffler Algorithm Along with CSD and CSE
To optimize the Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) in terms of size and to improve the quality of the image in image compression, in this paper, A 2D-DCT using Loeffler algorithm along with Canonical Signed Digit (CSD) and Canonical Sub expression Elimination (CSE) has been proposed. For fast computation 2-DCT/IDCT is executed by using 1D DCT row column method. The performance of the proposed architecture has been evaluated and compared with the other technique.
Keywords2D-DCT Area PSNR Loeffler Image compression
Authors would like to acknowledge Dr. N. Vijayabaskara Chowdry, Correspondent, Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Madanapalle.
- 1.Vijay Prakash, A.M., Gurumurthy, K.S.: A novel VLSI architecture for digital image compression using discrete cosine transform and quantization. IJCSNS 10, 175 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Taher, F., Zaki, A., Elsimary, H.: Design of low power FPGA architecture of image unit for space applications. In: International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS). IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Singh, K.K., Pandey, D: Implementation of DCT and IDCT based image compression and decompression on FPGA. In: International Conference on Inventive Systems and Control. IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Park, J., Roy, K.: A low complexity reconfigurable DCT architecture to trade off image quality for power. Accessed 3 June 2008Google Scholar
- 12.Kim, B., Ziavras, S.G.: Low-power multiplierless DCT for image/video coders. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics, May 2009, pp. 133–136 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Singh, T.V.P.: Matlab implementation of baseline JPEG image compression using hardware optimized discrete cosine transform. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Inven. 3(8), 47–53 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Martisius, I., Birvinskas, D., Jusas, V., Tamosevicius, Z.: A 2-D DCT hardware codec based on Loeffler algorithm. Elektronika IR Elektrotechnika (2011). (ISSN 1392)Google Scholar