A Study on Neutron Star Interior Composition Explorer
It is a NASA Space Science Explorers program under the opportunity mission; it analyzes the electromagnetic, gravitational, and nuclear aspects of pulsars. NICER uses rotation-resolved spectroscopy in thermal and nonthermal emission spectra in the soft X-ray band with good precision and accuracy for detailed analysis of cosmic particle accelerators like in for quarks. It is also be used for X-ray navigation. Its advanced electronics helps it to analyze the data much efficiently (Davis et al. in J Geophys Res Oceans 99(C12):24383–24404) .
KeywordsNICER SEXTANT Pulsar/Neutron star X-ray navigation
- 1.Davis JC, Tapley BD, Ries GW, Eanes RJ, Schutz BE, Shum CK, Watkins MM, Marshall JA, Nerem RS, Putney BH (1994) Precision orbit determination for TOPEX/POSEIDON. J Geophys Res Oceans 99(C12):24383–24404Google Scholar
- 2.Bamford LMB, Winternitz WA, Heckler GW (2009) A GPS receiver for high-altitude satellite navigation. IEEE J Sel Topics Signal Process 3(4):541–556Google Scholar
- 3.Real-Time GEO Orbit Determination using TOPSTAR 3000GPS Receiver. Navig J Inst Navig 48(3):169–180Google Scholar
- 4.Ray PS, Wood KS, Phlips BF (2006) Spacecraft navigation using X-ray pulsars. 2006NRL Rev 95–102Google Scholar
- 5.Interplanetary navigation using pulsating radio sources. NASA Technical Reports, N74-34150, 1974, pp 1–12Google Scholar