Design of T-Shaped UWB Antenna with Dual Band Rejection Using Inverted U- and C-Shaped Slots
An ultra-wideband antenna design is proposed in this paper based on simple and easy-fabricated rectangular patch antenna. The proposed antenna is inserted with two slots; inverted U- and C-shaped to minimize interference in WiMax and WLAN band. The antenna can afford a good range of operating frequency from 2.852 to 12.176 GHz, which covers ultra-wideband frequency range set by Federal Communication Commission and in the same time be able to avoid undesired band.
KeywordsU slot C slot UWB Dual band Notch frequency
The work was partly supported by the Research and Innovation Department, Universiti Malaysia Pahang (grant number RDU170370). The authors would like to be grateful to the Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang for providing financial support as well as research facilities.
- 1.Yadav, D., Tiwari, V.: UWB antenna designing: Challenges and solutions. Int. J. Comput. Commun. Instrum. Eng. 1(1), 39–42 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.FCC: Ultra-wideband Operation FCC Report and Order. In: Technical Report US 47 CFR Part 15 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Naharuddin, N.Z.A., Noordin, N.H.: Multiband UWB trapezoidal antenna using U and Pi-shaped slots. In: Electromagnetics International Workshop on Applications and Student Innovation Competition (iWEM), pp. 1–2. Hsinchu, Taiwan (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Sam, W.Y., Zakaria, Z.: Design of a dual-notched ultra-wideband (UWB) planar antenna using L-shaped bandstop resonator. In: 11th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), pp. 2237–2241. Paris (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Antenna, P., et al.: 5 GHz WLAN band-notched UWB symmetrical slotted PI- notched parasitic planar. In: 2013 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), pp. 338–342. Mysore, India (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Sudhakar, A., et al.: Single band-notched UWB square monopole antenna with double U-slot and key shaped slot. In: Fifth International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies, pp. 88–92. Gwalior, India (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Yadav, A., et al.: CSRR and C-slot loaded triple band notched ultra wideband antenna. In: International Conference on Information, Communication, Instrumentation and Control (ICICIC), pp. 1–4. Indore, India (2017)Google Scholar