Adaptive Fuzzy-PID Controller for Quad-Rotor MAV with Mass Changes
Micro Aerial Vehicle (MAV) has become famous to be used in agricultural application such as for spraying operation, for watering plantation or spraying the pesticide, 2-D flow visualization image to measure the droplet distribution and so on. Due to the need to sustain food for all human population, there is need for the development of effective spraying to increase the productivity. In crop spraying, the payload changes against time is the big challenge on the development of MAV. This is because the payload change problem could affect the altitude which is the position along z-axis of the MAV. In this research, a quad-rotor MAV is used as the platform. Then, an adaptive Fuzzy-PID controller for the altitude control by considering payload change is presented. The performance of altitude control by using adaptive Fuzzy-PID controller and PID controller are validated in this research study through simulation. The adaptive Fuzzy-PID controller is successfully designed for the changing of payload. The result shows the performance of adaptive Fuzzy-PID controller is better than PID controller on quad-rotor MAV control considering payload changes.
KeywordsAdaptive Fuzzy-PID controller Quad-rotor MAV Payload change
This work is supported by Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP), under Universiti Malaysia Pahang Research Grant RDU 170378.
- 1.Al-Younes, Y.M., Al-Jarrah, M.A., Jhemi, A.A.: Linear versus nonlinear control techniques for a quadrotor vehicle. In: Mechatronics and its Applications (ISMA), 2010 7th International Symposium, pp. 1–10 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, L., Sun, L., Jin, J.: Survey of advances in control algorithms of quadrotor unmanned aerial vehicle. In: International Conference on Communication Technology Proceedings, pp. 107–111 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Qian, G.M., Pebrianti, D., Chun, Y.W., Hao, Y.H., Bayuaji, L.: Waypoint navigation of quad-rotor MAV. In: 2017 7th IEEE International Conference on System Engineering and Technology (ICSET), pp. 38–42 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Demircioglu, H., Basturk, H.I.: Adaptive attitude and altitude control of a quadrotor despite unknown wind disturbances. In: 2017 IEEE 56th Annual Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 274–279(2018)Google Scholar
- 8.G.M. Qian et al.: Waypoint navigation of quad-rotor MAV using Fuzzy-PID control. In: Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 271–284 (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Bouabdallah, S.: Design and control of quadrotors with application to autonomous flying. École Polytech. Fédérale Lausanne, À La Fac. Des Sci. Tech. L’Ingénieur 3727(3727), 61 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Ziegler, J.G., Nichols, N.B.: Optimum settings for automatic controllers. InTech 42(6), 94–100 (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Fahmizal, Surriani, A., Budiyanto, M., Arrofiq, M.: Altitude control of quadrotor using fuzzy self tuning PID controller. In: 2017 5th International Conference on Instrumentation, Control, and Automation (ICA), pp. 67–72 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Mehranpour, M.R., Mohammad Shahri, A., Emamgholi, O., Farrokhi, M.: A new fuzzy adaptive control for a quadrotor flying robot. In: 2013 13th Iranian Conference Fuzzy Systems, pp. 1–5 (2013)Google Scholar