Automatic Multi-spectral Image Registration for Tiangong-2 Wide-Band Imaging Spectrometer
Automatic multi-spectral image registration can improve the application efficiency and ability of remote sensing images while this technology is yet to be improved. Based on the remote sensing data of Tiangong-2 wide-band imaging spectrometer, the differences and similarities between multi-spectral images were analyzed in this paper. An edge extraction method with edge symmetry and non-directionality was proposed according to the neighborhood structure of image pixels. Using the edge information images, multi-spectral image registration was achieved through the measurement of mutual information. A contrast experiment was also set up to compare the effects of the proposed edge extraction method with those of several traditional edge extraction methods in image registration. The results showed that the registration precision of this method is higher, indicating that the extracted edge features were more stable among multi-spectral images.
KeywordsTiangong-2 Wide-band imaging spectrometer Image registration Edge information Mutual information
Thanks to China Manned Space Engineering for providing space science and application data products of Tiangong-2.
- 1.Wu, J., Cao, Y.S., Yang, H.S.: Automatic registration of high-resolution multispectral imageries released by low-altitude unmanned airship. J. Remote Sens. 16(3), 625–643 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Wu, J., Rao, Y., Hu, Y.J.: Automatic registration of single aerial image with LiDAR data based on “pin-hole” imaging simulation and iterative computation. J. Remote Sens. 20(1), 80–93 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Yi, Z., Zhiguo, C., Yang, X.: Multi-spectral remote image registration based on SIFT. Electron. Lett. 20(1), 80–93 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Sajid, S., Robert, S.: A modified SIFT descriptor for image matching under spectral variations. In: International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing 2013. LNCS, vol. 8165, pp. 652–661. Naples, Italy (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Sajid, S., Robert, S.: A robust SIFT descriptor for multispectral images. IEEE Signal Process. Lett. 21(4), 400–403 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Lu, Y.F., Zhao, H.M., Li, B.: Multi-spectral remote sensing image registration based on SURF. In: Deng, W. (ed.) AASRI Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Industry Application 2011, Proceedings Paper, pp. 236–239 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Luo, Q.: Black Technology in “Tiangong-2”. China Policy Review 2016(10), 111–114 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Yu, H.: Fast and Accuracy Registration of Multispectral Image, pp. 2–4. Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang, Y.J.: Image Engineering (II)-Image Analysis, 3rd edn. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2012)Google Scholar