Investigation on Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Workers in Automobile Production Logistics
To explore the effect of ergonomics risk factors on workers’ musculoskeletal disorders in automobile production logistics. Based on the video of the four main tasks of unloading operation, storage operation, unpacking operation and SPS (set parts system) sorting operation, the authors evaluated the musculoskeletal disorders status of workers during the operation by the Rapid Upper Limb Assessment. The results show that unpacking operations need to be further investigation. Storage operations and SPS sorting operations are yet to be studied and should be improved as soon as possible. Unloading operations need to be studied and improved immediately.
KeywordsAutomobile production logistics Logistics workers Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) Rapid upper limb assessment (RULA)
A. We are grateful to an anonymous referee for his/her helpful comment earlier version of this paper. This work was supported by the National Science Foundation of China [grant number 71673220].
B. The publication of this paper was supported by the relevant auto companies and the employees surveyed. The data and pictures used in the paper also received the informed consent of the relevant staff and expressed thanks to them.
- 2.Z. Rowshani, M. Sb, A. Khavanin, R. Mirzaei, M. Mohseni, Comparing RULA and Strain index methods for the assessment of the potential causes of musculoskeletal disorders in the upper extremity in an electronic company in Tehran. Feyz J. Kashan Univ. Med. Sci. (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.D. Sharan, P.S. Ajeesh, Correlation of ergonomic risk factors with RULA in IT professionals from India. Work 41(Suppl1)(6), 512Google Scholar
- 4.G. Pourtaghi, A.A. Karimi Zarchi, F. Valipour, A. Assari, Ergonomic assessment using RULA technique in determining the relationship between musculoskeletal disorders and ergonomic conditions for administrative jobs in a military center. J. Milit. Center. J. Milit. Med. 17(3), 155–162 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.C.M.L. Rahman, Study and analysis of work posutres of workers working in a ceramic industry trough rapid upper limb assessment (RULA). Int. J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 5(3), 14–20 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.F. Syahnl, E. Sonjaya, Validity, and reliability testing by ergonomic evaluation methods for geothermal task, in Proceedings World Geothermal Congress 2015, Melbourne, Australia, 2015Google Scholar
- 10.Y. Lei, L. Zang, T. Decheng, A brief introduction to the investigation of labor posture, in Industrial Health and Occupational Diseases, 1995(gy), pp. 101–103Google Scholar