Vertical Deflection Monitoring of Main Girder
Long-span bridges play an important role in the people’s daily life and transportation. It is necessary to establish a reliable health monitoring system to maintain the function and safety of long-span bridges. In long-span bridges, monitoring of the vertical deflection under the actual traffic loads is not only crucial to ensure the overall serviceability and safety of the bridge, but also to predict the abnormal state. Micrometers or displacement meters are widely used to measure bridge deflections directly in evaluation of old field bridges and tests of newly built bridge.
- 11.Zeng W, Yu DJ, Hu BX, Liu KM, Guo JW. An auto-monitoring system based on the communicating pipe principle of bridge deflection. J Hunan Univ (Nat Sci). 2007;34(7):44–7.Google Scholar
- 13.Yang JC, Chen WM. Connected pipe opto-electronic deflection measurement system and the application in Dafoshi Yangtze river bridge. J Optoelectron Laser. 2006;17(3):343–6.Google Scholar
- 14.Zhu SF, Zhou ZX, Wu HJ. Application of semi-closed connected pipe differential pressure sensor in bridge deflection measurement. Transducer Microsyst Technol. 2014;33(1):150–3.Google Scholar
- 20.Ministry of Transport of the People’s Republic of China. Design specification for highway suspension bridge. Beijing: China Communications Press; 2002.Google Scholar
- 21.Ministry of Transport of the People’s Republic of China. General code for design highway bridges and culverts JTG D60-2004. Beijing: China Communications Press; 2004.Google Scholar
- 23.Cao Y, Yim J, Zhao Y, Wang ML. Temperature effects on cable stayed bridge using health monitoring system: a case study. Struct Health Monit-An Int J. 2010;10(5):523–37.Google Scholar