WIM-Based Fatigue Performance Investigation of Hangers
For suspension bridges, hangers/suspenders are key load-carrying members, which connect main cables with stiffening girders. Dead loads from stiffening girders and the deck together with the transient live load are transferred to the main cables through hangers. The cyclic fluctuations in tension stresses induced by vehicle loads and wind loads can cause fatigue damage to the hangers.
- 15.Ministry of Transport of the People’s Republic of China. General code for design highway bridges and culverts JTG D60-2015. Beijing: China Communications Press; 2015.Google Scholar
- 16.AASHTO. AASHTO LRFD bridge design specifications, 6th ed. 2012.Google Scholar
- 17.Ma L, Han WS, Ji BH, Shi GG, Liu JX. Study of vehicle-bridge coupling vibration under actual traffic flow. China J Highw Transp. 2012;25(6):80–7.Google Scholar
- 19.Miner MA. Cumulative damage in fatigue. J Appl Mech-Trans ASME. 1945;12(3):A159–64.Google Scholar
- 21.Zeng Y, Chen AR, Tan HM. Fatigue assessment of hanger wires of suspension bridges in its operation life based on in-situ traffic flow. J Disaster Prev Mitig Eng. 2014;34(2):185–91.Google Scholar
- 22.Hosford WF. Mechanical behavior of materials. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press; 2005.Google Scholar