Cloud Forensics in Relation to Criminal Offences and Industrial Attacks in Mauritius
The cloud can be referred as an infrastructure with large data centres that gives the possibility to run and share resources on your computer, mobile phones or any other device connected with the Internet and in. In Mauritius, many companies are moving towards the cloud and cloud forensics have become important components in the field of investigation. Cloud forensics means how to investigate cybercrimes in cloud environments. Emphasis on concept of the cloud, its mode of forensics and difficulties encountered during an investigation on the cloud. Further, law implications and legislations in Mauritius for computer misuse are also being described. It is obvious that the cloud provides many advantages as described in this paper. However, along with this service, there are several challenges before extracting evidence in case of attacks. These include acquisition of evidence and its preservation, chain of custody and legislation.
KeywordsCloud forensics Cybercrime Cloud computing SLA Chain of custody
We undertake that we have the required permission to use images/dataset in the work from suitable authority and we shall be solely responsible if any conflicts arise in future.
- 1.Hussey, D.: From Cave Paintings to IBM Cloud (2018). https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/from-cave-paintings-ibm-cloud-declan-hussy
- 2.NIST: Digital Forensics in the Cloud (2013). https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/5795/3e2dd1f572d769f1eeb4f98dc8a0ef313b4d.pdf
- 3.The Mauritius Assembly: The Data Protection Bill (2017). http://mauritiusassembly.govmu.org/English/bills/Documents/intro/2017/bill1917.pdf
- 4.DataGuidance: Mauritius: DPB Should in Principle Lead to EU Adequacy (2017). https://www.dataguidance.com/mauritius-data-protection-bill-principle-provide-eu-adequacy/
- 6.Newsroom News: AfrAsia Pioneers Successful Deployment of Cloud (2017). https://www.afrasiabank.com/en/about/newsroom/news/2017/afrasia-pioneers-successful-deployment-of-cloud-based-financial-solution-in-mauritius
- 7.George Grispos: Challenges of Cloud Computing in Digital Forensics (2012). https://arxiv.org/pdf/1410.2123.pdf
- 8.Steve Ranger: Introduction to Cloud Computing (2018). https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-cloud-computing-everything-you-need-to-know-from-public-and-private-cloud-to-software-as-a/
- 10.Government of Mauritius. Cybercrime strategy of Mauritius (2017). http://cert-mu.govmu.org/
- 11.Martini, B., Choo, K.: Cloud Forensic Technical Challenges and Solutions: IEEE Cloud Computing, pp. 20–25 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Biggs: Cloud Forensics and SLA (2013). http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~fortega/df/research/Cloud%20Forensics%20II/Other%20references/Cloud%20Forensics%20Issues%20and%20Opportunities.pdf
- 14.O’Shaughnessy, S., Keane, A.: Impact of Cloud Computing on Digital Forensic Investigations (2013). https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2F978-3-642-41148-9_20.pdf